What made your day a good one

I run a membership charity and today the trustees authorised my proposal for an integrated CRM/Website which will revolutionise the way we work. I'm sat on the train now drinking decent coffee after a few glasses of wine and introducing myself to "Mad Men". For today, la vie en rose.

Oh, I always begin with talking. Technical faults are always as a result of human action - talk to the human and you'll fix the machine.

My first question runs along the lines of: "What was the last thing you did to it?" / "What exactly were you doing when it went t*ts up?"

Unless it's right after Patch Tuesday ....... In which case, it's definitely Microsoft's fault ........ I only have 20+ users here .... But that last cock up with the Outlook view settings not saving caused nothing but headache. If it's in the background, no one knows or cares what's going on or what I've done to rectify it ........... but if their viewing pane isn't where they left it at shutdown the night before? ...... National Disaster :D

I received an electricity bill from British Gas, swallowed hard, did a spreadsheet, worked on it for two hours, found their mistake, called them and convinced them that they had overcharged me by just over 2000 quid. Not bad for two hours work! Morons.

Advising my boss that I will retire at mid-year - but will not give notice until I need to. She then asked if I'd be prepared to extend by a few months if they had problems replacing me - I told her she was getting 6 months notice as of now, how she manages the replacement is her problem.

Finally getting someone else to agree to a personal reference for me since my good GP's managment pulled the plug with a "its not our policy to do them any more" crap :)

Braved the downtown crowds - estimated to be a million people next week - around the "Super Bowl City" as it was a beautiful day and friends spoke of beer and food.
f5c8jc.jpg

A weekend-traditional cold cider whilst waiting for a friend.
2i9pocp.jpg

The Super Bowl City turned out to be a bit of a bore so we ditched it and went for some chicken Shawarma at Oasis Grill. A classic stand-by for cheap, quick and good.
2na2w03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom