What the hell happened to GSB blades?

What the hell has happened to Gillette Silver Blue blades? Bought a Fatip Lo Storto from Connaught and they threw in a 5 pack of GSB’s. Great I thought, I like them so I’m happy with the freebie. Opened the tuck and they were only single wrapped. Ok. Obviously the same blades just done away with the double wrapping. Loaded one up into my fatboy which I know does well with the GSB. Bloody hell (literally) rougher than a badgers arse. Horrible, scratchy,and dumped after 2 passes. Hopefully just a bad one but I would be gutted if they’ve changed them somehow.

Hopefully you just got a dud blade

But I wonder why they changed up the double wrapped blade?

Is it to save $$

Switched to a new plant to make the blades possibly? So slightly different packaging now?

I’ve heard that there are also fake razor blades out there. But being that the blade came from Connaught. I wouldn’t think that would be the case.

i can’t remember if mine are single or double wrapped & quite frankly i don’t care.
The most important thing is the blade not the wrapper,
What’s interesting is the op saying it was crap which surprises me,
I personally think they are superb but i will now need to check mine.
The packaging could determine cost cutting.
Hopefully the cost cutting doesn’t impact the blade material.
I’ll be interested in the op’s opinion with another blade and like everyone said hopefully it’s a one off dud blade

i can’t remember if mine are single or double wrapped & quite frankly i don’t care.
The most important thing is the blade not the wrapper,
What’s interesting is the op saying it was crap which surprises me,
I personally think they are superb but i will now need to check mine.
The packaging could determine cost cutting.
Hopefully the cost cutting doesn’t impact the blade material.
I’ll be interested in the op’s opinion with another blade and like everyone said hopefully it’s a one off dud blade
I have packs of double wrapped GSB’s and never had a bad shave with them. Used a voskhod today as my face was a bit chewed up with the silver blue but will compare both single and double wrapped blades tomorrow perhaps just out of curiosity. I’m positive they are genuine blades as they came from Connaught so in theory it’s probably just 1 bad blade. Was just such a surprise as I’ve never really tried anything I couldn’t use but that one was rough. The single wrapping is likely a cost cutting exercise as margins are tightening all over the world I presume and a penny saved on packaging is a penny more profit.

I have packs of double wrapped GSB’s and never had a bad shave with them. Used a voskhod today as my face was a bit chewed up with the silver blue but will compare both single and double wrapped blades tomorrow perhaps just out of curiosity. I’m positive they are genuine blades as they came from Connaught so in theory it’s probably just 1 bad blade. Was just such a surprise as I’ve never really tried anything I couldn’t use but that one was rough. The single wrapping is likely a cost cutting exercise as margins are tightening all over the world I presume and a penny saved on packaging is a penny more profit.
Your right mate 100%.
like everyone im hoping it’s a duff blade,
the last thing is guys need is cost cutting on materials & inferior quality.
I’m a big fan of the Voskhod but now that i think of it my last shave was pretty poor but i put that down to a third use blade i hadn’t used in a few months but i was only guessing.
i’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on a new gsb.
I’m away just now so can’t check mine but i will when im home

I've only ever used the single wrapped (newer?) version, but I've just got some double wrapped, so I'll compare..

'Blade of the Gods' I believe you call them.
can i get an amen church GIF

Back
Top Bottom