When do you shave?

Since I'm converted to traditional wet shaving which includes a hot towel, face lathering, and learning to use a DE, I always do my shave at night.

I can't and will not be rushed on my shaving. That's why I avoided shaving in the morning unless it is on the weekend.

What about you guys? and why you choose morning/ night?

The routine that works for me is shower after my work day.
Sometimes later in the evening. I prefer to be clean at night.
So that is when I shave. Works very well.
I used to shave every day with DEs but every other with SEs and injectors.

I am a morning shaver. I rise early to ensure I have plenty of time to enjoy the shave. It is important to enjoy and not rush. I like to be clean shaven for work, so I have no choice but to perform a morning shave. If I shaved in the evening (as I did when starting out again DE shaving) I'd have serious 5 o'clock shadow well before midnight.

Evening shave for me every time. In the mornings its a rush to get to work asap to "clock on". I work flexi time, so the earlier I am at work, the earlier I can leave! Sometimes I have to get the kids to school first, so there is no way in the world I would have time for a shave too on those days!

Also my shave is vastly improved after a shower/bath, and I love a soak in the tub, so evenings work well.

Sunday to Thursday about 9 pm, mornings are a mad rush as I have to be out of the hose by 8 am to get my son to school on time. I don't shave on Fridays and Saturdays to give my face a chance to "recover". I should really shave every other day but I need to be presentable at work!

Evening shaving also means cuts and razor burn will have cleared up by the morning.

In a morning my main concerns are showering and feeding the dog so I mainly shave in an evening. Usually every other day but it sometimes stretches longer than that as I don't need to be clean shaven or even particularly presentable for work! Always clean shaven for a night/afternoon out though.

Back
Top Bottom