Why does my shave soap smell better in the shower?

Since my razor blades were.... thrown away by the wife, I have been forced to use a Fusion razor and since its a lazy shave I have been shaving whilst in the shower.
I am a massive fan of Prof Blightys products and even though I love his scents I do find them a little too weak, smell wise for my tastes. Until I shaved in the shower and the smell from my Rum and also the Coconut soaps was fantastic.

My shower is not enclosed so it wasn't the close proximity? Perhaps my sinuses are clearer in the shower than when over a sink.

Maybe because you are on a better mood?Dont know what to tell you,never experienced what youre describing,but what you have said about sinuses,make sense.
Whatever the case is,enjoy the shaving soaps and your shaves.

Heat, I suspect - the volatile aroma molecules are released from the soap at a higher rate when the soap gets used in a warm or hot environment, plus the steam is helping deliver them to your olfactory epithelium (the small section of the lining of the back of your nose where you detect aromas).

Smarty pants. :icon_razz:

chrisbell said:
Heat, I suspect - the volatile aroma molecules are released from the soap at a higher rate when the soap gets used in a warm or hot environment, plus the steam is helping deliver them to your olfactory epithelium (the small section of the lining of the back of your nose where you detect aromas).

Gigahurtz said:

chrisbell said:

LOL - I learned about the olfactory epithelium from this chap.

Chris has said it so well.
As it happens I actually used a Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap as a "shower soap" after some dissapointment in the shaving sweepstakes; It was bloody lovely as "just a soap".

Gin and Coconut milk mmmmmmmmmmmm, i like the sound of that. He does a very good review of Penderyn Welsh Whiskey the distillery is only 5 miles from my house.

Jamie.

chrisbell said:
Gigahurtz said:

chrisbell said:

Chris thanks for the link. I've never much cared for whisky, but after watching 2 of this guy's video I'm now genuinely interested.

Kevin

Kevin said:
chrisbell said:
Gigahurtz said:

chrisbell said:

Chris thanks for the link. I've never much cared for whisky, but after watching 2 of this guy's video I'm now genuinely interested.

Kevin

Sorry mods for O/T - yes, he has a unique style and a way of explaining things.

Back
Top Bottom