Wow Feather video!..the history of

Is there a Dorco video?

(Cheesy voiced narrator) We make our blades out of old Feathers - not the superior Japanese brand of blades called "Feathers" but the avian sort. Yes, only real feather quills are scratchy and brittle enough for us. First, they are sterilised [woman with fag hanging out of her mouth spraying something over pile of what looks like dead birds]. Then they are washed and sorted [cut to laundrette in run-down part of town]."

Etc etc.

As pricey as Featgers are..on my 2nd use 4 pass shave..that's when they get "harsh"..why is that?
I like my Dorko Plats/Gillette Bleus/Gillette Yellow Russian blades all don't have this sensation
Un-foe?..as apposed to foe?.. :mrgreen:
Blades

Yeah, I thought that after my first shave they were amazing. After that, they were very ordinary... The light that burns wide as bright burns half as long...

Lipsy

I got maybe half way through watching it when the ol' inner child repetitively shouted "bored now" at the top of our inner lungs ...
            • *shrugs*[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                  • ... sorry.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                            • ... and now, it's time to go feed my inner child ...

• ... to my inner demons.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Blades said:
As pricey as Featgers are..on my 2nd use 4 pass shave..that's when they get "harsh"..why is that?
I like my Dorko Plats/Gillette Bleus/Gillette Yellow Russian blades all don't have this sensation

I think it's because they have a third, shorter hone that goes off very quickly.

Someone has posted microscope pictures of the edges of all sorts of blades and the price you pay for Feathers being twice as sharp is indeed that they last half as long.

C'est la vie.

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for posting.

The whole thing is probably a front for an international criminal mastermind, a la James Bond, and they've almost certainly got a missile or something underneath the factory. Or uranium enrichment. Or something.

Back
Top Bottom