Yaqi "Lucky Dice" Quality and Control of.

Hi all,

Ordered some Yaqi brushes on Aliexpress as i have had a beard for 10 years and recently shaved it off, and it was Franks Shaving 10 years ago when i left , so i thought i'd give Yaqi a try, i bought 3 Lucky Dice and 1 Mountain Lake brush, all delivered for 80 pounds 23 pence to my door in the UK , so 20 quid a brush.

I bought 4 of them as upcoming Xmas presents for my brother, cousin and uncle ( and 1 for me ) along with trying to track down their individual birth year razors including qtr made, 1 Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable 109 as i thought it would be a nice gift.

Photos below show that all the Lucky Dice have been treated so they all have Gel tips, although if you look closely you can see that 2 of the handles look like the resin has been mixed with water from a canal rather than the 3rd one which is crystal clear, anyways not complaining as for the money they cant be beat, just wanting to give a heads up regarding handle colour and gel tips.

IMG_9578.jpeg

IMG_9579.jpegIMG_9576.jpegIMG_9574.jpeg

Hi all,

Ordered some Yaqi brushes on Aliexpress as i have had a beard for 10 years and recently shaved it off, and it was Franks Shaving 10 years ago when i left , so i thought i'd give Yaqi a try, i bought 3 Lucky Dice and 1 Mountain Lake brush, all delivered for 80 pounds 23 pence to my door in the UK , so 20 quid a brush.

I bought 4 of them as upcoming Xmas presents for my brother, cousin and uncle ( and 1 for me ) along with trying to track down their individual birth year razors including qtr made, 1 Fatboy, Slim and Super Adjustable 109 as i thought it would be a nice gift.

Photos below show that all the Lucky Dice have been treated so they all have Gel tips, although if you look closely you can see that 2 of the handles look like the resin has been mixed with water from a canal rather than the 3rd one which is crystal clear, anyways not complaining as for the money they cant be beat, just wanting to give a heads up regarding handle colour and gel tips.

View attachment 124817

View attachment 124819View attachment 124820View attachment 124821
I could be wrong but i think AliExpress is a seconds shop so i think they will all have defects off some sort.
Iv bought a few off them with no visible defects but im fairly sure there’s a defect somewhere

I could be wrong but i think AliExpress is a seconds shop so i think they will all have defects off some sort.
Iv bought a few off them with no visible defects but im fairly sure there’s a defect somewhere
I don't think it's a seconds shop, they just often don't have very good quality control - but that's also usually reflected in price.

The 26mm Yaqi Lucky Dice with Tuxedo knot was my favourite brush until I lost it by leaving it in the bathroom of a holiday caravan in Skegness. Some day I might buy another one. Care is needed to shop around on Aliexpress. I just checked the price on Aliexpress and prices range from £9.99 with free shipping over £8 to £31.79 with free shipping both prices plus tax.

The 26mm Yaqi Lucky Dice with Tuxedo knot was my favourite brush until I lost it by leaving it in the bathroom of a holiday caravan in Skegness. Some day I might buy another one. Care is needed to shop around on Aliexpress. I just checked the price on Aliexpress and prices range from £9.99 with free shipping over £8 to £31.79 with free shipping both prices plus tax.
It's a marketplace, so it's much the same as with Amazon or eBay, really.

Reactions: ATG
Back
Top Bottom