Your Favourite Horror Films?

Not really a horror film as such, but there was a mini tv series called Sybil starring Sally Field. About a young girl that was abused by her mother and she had multiple personalities. Based on a true story it was really good but quite an emotional and difficult watch. It stayed with me for a long time after I’d seen it. I’ve searched for it a while ago but I cant seem to find it online anywhere.

UK Amazon have it on DVD, type 'Sybil 1976'

Well, I certainly don't recall seeing The Exorcist legally available in any video shops I ever went into. And I used A LOT of different video shops back then, because at that time it was very expensive to buy films on video and so I used to rent most of them. If it was available, it must have been a "dodgy" video shop, because it certainly wouldn't have had a BBFC age certificate, as it wasn't given one until the late 1990s (1998 I believe).

I COULD be wrong, but somehow I don't think that I am on this...
I think you are wrong on this, it was definitely available to rent in the early eighties as me and my mate rented it from a video shop. It wasn't a pirate copy.

Well, I certainly don't recall seeing The Exorcist legally available in any video shops I ever went into. And I used A LOT of different video shops back then, because at that time it was very expensive to buy films on video and so I used to rent most of them. If it was available, it must have been a "dodgy" video shop, because it certainly wouldn't have had a BBFC age certificate, as it wasn't given one until the late 1990s (1998 I believe).

I COULD be wrong, but somehow I don't think that I am on this...
Yea, video city was the place in my local town that we got the so called video nasties from. Brilliant place. Watched everthing that was banned, I have turned out to be a perfect person apart from an obsession with horror and British 70s comedy.:eek:(y)

Last edited:
Horror films? I had chuffin’ nightmares for a
month after watching Se7en at the cinema. Dreams were so bad the next time I went to the cinema was to see Loch Ness: Certificate U! F’n horror films? If I want horror, the first warm day of summer when all the local munters squeeze into clothing several sizes too small with WAY too much flesh on show, is all the horror any bugger could ever handle. Scotland = sun’s oot, taps aff.

Horror films? I had chuffin’ nightmares for a
month after watching Se7en at the cinema. Dreams were so bad the next time I went to the cinema was to see Loch Ness: Certificate U! F’n horror films? If I want horror, the first warm day of summer when all the local munters squeeze into clothing several sizes too small with WAY too much flesh on show, is all the horror any bugger could ever handle. Scotland = sun’s oot, taps aff.
I love the word Munters, also known as bog beasts! :)

Paul.

Not really a horror film as such, but there was a mini tv series called Sybil starring Sally Field. About a young girl that was abused by her mother and she had multiple personalities. Based on a true story it was really good but quite an emotional and difficult watch. It stayed with me for a long time after I’d seen it. I’ve searched for it a while ago but I cant seem to find it online anywhere.
my god, yes.. that was some incredible acting from Sally, really showed her real talent. quite a sad, and disturbing story, eh?

If anyone has a subscription to Shudder, on Amazon's streaming service, you may want to look at "The 101 Scariest Horror Movie Moments of All Time". I'm not really a fan of this format of programme, but it's a interesting if you're into horror films. My wife is watching it and it's reminded her to watch some films which she's not yet seen (she's a horror fan). It's also fun to be reminded of films you've watched a long time ago.

I remember standing on tiptoes and asking in my deepest pre-pubescent voice to the woman in the box office for "one for The Fog" in 1980 or 81 whenever it was in cinemas. IIRC it was rated AA which meant you had to be 14. She must have known I was underage but in those days I don't think people were so bothered.

I remember standing on tiptoes and asking in my deepest pre-pubescent voice to the woman in the box office for "one for The Fog" in 1980 or 81 whenever it was in cinemas. IIRC it was rated AA which meant you had to be 14. She must have known I was underage but in those days I don't think people were so bothered.
I can remember going to the local pub at 16, thinking we conned the barmaids. Untill the police came in one time.
The barmaid came up to our table pretending to wipe it down and said "mind, you are all 18 yo"
Turned out she was the big sister of a girl we knew. Bugger.

I remember my 18th at me local. My mates were getting "engineers" in (you know, where they fill a glass with shots from all the optics, well I bet that is a thing of the past now, ey?) and they said "it's his birthday". Landlord: oh aye, how old? Me to guys: (that wavey hand signal under the chin that means "cut it"/STFU) as I had been drinking in there for a year already. Ah...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom