Monday evening...

Soap - The Fat
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V.2
Blade - Feather Professional
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - BBA balm

Nice result tonight, but I do prefer the Prolines in the Hawk: the Feathers are a bit harsh and don't feel as good, or perform as well, as when they're in my Artist Club.

Been a while since I've posted, I've had some personal stuff going on but hopefully things can go back to something like normal now[emoji106]
e2b8877488b0ccc45ca94e3138284a7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SOTD 24OCT17.JPG
Razorock Mamba
GSB (1)
Wolf Whiskers Pi Day
Grooming Dept. Ambrosia
Thayers' Lemon
Boucheron EdP
This was my first go with the Mamba. I found it to be extremely mild yet super efficient. This razor is perfect as a daily driver and should give no irritation. There is no guess work with using the correct angle since it won't cut unless you are at the angle it wants you to be, lol. BBS shaves will be harder to come by as it requires lots of buffing / cleanup but it's possible. I used GD's tallow and duck soap which has a plethora of residual slickness. I will have another go tomorrow with a different soap to see if I can get another BBS. At a $50 price point; the finish is beautiful and it has a nice heft to it.

SOTD: 24th October 2017.
3+.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien ~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470 .

Face Lather.

Soap: Derby Shave Stick (disk) .

Blade: Rapira ~ Platinum Lux . (1)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./ Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture /Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum .

Boots ~ Essentials Moisturising Lotion .

Greetings,

A effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The Parker 24C/ Rapira ~ Platinum Lux was a superb duo, the Derby stick never ceases to amaze me that this wonderful stick can provide such a excellent slick protective lather with such a small amount.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum Aftershave.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling of cloves ,spice & all things nice.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Greetings

Tuesday 24th October 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: PAL Super Carbon
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Small
Soap: Portland
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Paco Rabane Metal

I have ran out of open comb razors to use for OC October, I thought I had more than 22 but it is really surprising just how few of my SE razors (that take disposable blades) are true open combs, in fact only two, the OCMM and the open comb Damaskeene all of the others are closed comb or safety bar razors. So it's back to the beginning and IMHO 'The King' of safety razors.

I have been watching intently for the release of the new Blackland Sabre head with the bigger blade gap and increased blade protrusion, it will be fascinating to hear the shave reports, if a few people honestly believe they shave as well as, or better than this razor I'll buy one!

Regards
Dick.

24.10.17.JPG

Tuesday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by Proraso Pre-Shave Cream (Green).
Razor - Rocnel-SE GEM.
Blade - PTFE GEM (Day 4).
Soap - Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Shaving Soap (Green).
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - Proraso (Green) After Shave.

A very enjoyable 2 pass shave today, having just went for a single pass yesterday with the Rocnel, there was more stubble to be removed. No redness or any post shave issues, BBS finish, skin looking and feeling great.

While the Rocnel is efficient, I would not say this was overly a aggressive razor. It deserves respect, in that for some razors I can go greedy and have an extra pass, where perhaps this was not necessary/needed, with no issues. With the Rocnel-SE, for me, and I appreciate that YMMV, its a case of use sparingly - only where there is stubble to be removed.

Proraso Green, excellent as always.

I hope everyone has a great day,

Chris

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Tuesday 24th October

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ Vitos Red
Brush ~ Razorock Silvertip Synth
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Penhaligons Iris Prima

A fantastic shave with another fantastic offering from Colonial Razors.
The Stainless Steel General with its grippy handle and outstanding finnish is bound to be a winner when fully rolled out in numbers.
Just like my brass model it lends itself very well to the Feather Pro Super blade and gave me a very close but smooth shave in no time at all. The Vitos Red providing plenty of slide and protection throughout the shave.
Finnishing off with the indispensable BBA PSB and a spray or two of the
Wonderful Iris Prima from Penhaligons .

Wishing you a wonderful day..........:)

Back
Top Bottom