S.O.T.D Saturday 21th October - Friday 27th October 2017

SOTD: 241017
SOTD 241017 4.jpg

Blade: Feather Pro #1
Razor: Feather SS Japanese style ( On Loan Courtesy of @culcreuch ) & fatipe Piccolo. (Not Pictured)
Brush: Razorock Hulk 34mm
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Scuttle: @Roscotanna
EDT: Thierry Mulgar Amen * Pure Coffee

First use of my newly acquired Razzorock Hulk. This thing is a monster. :) Ridiculously Huge and heavy but what fun it is. :) Takes a long time to load and eats soap for fun and always appears to want more. Flow through takes an age but when it starts painting your face it throws the lather on. Supersoft as you would expect from a plissoft synth.

The scuttle provided me with a lovely warm soap and leaving the brush in the scuttle between passes provided me with a hot brush every time. What an amazing talent Russ has.

Didn't have the best shave with the Feather SS today. Cut myself twice on the first pass.
I MUST remember to get my angle right and stop adjusting it when It is near my skin. :rolleyes:
I put it down for another day and finished off with the wonderful Piccolo. 2 passes brought me to BBS.

Finished off with some alum and balm and a generous helping of Amen*

Enjoy your shaves! :)

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th October

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave cream
Palmolive Sensitive cream
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Frank Shaving Silvertip
Windrose Closed Comb Slant with a Feather Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Brut Original AS

This is an interesting razor....almost getting into R41 territory. 2 passes and a small touch up for a BBS shave:)

Greetings

I think I would have to agree with that assessment; that model together with the I2 (same razor but with the Hydromagic feature) were the nimblest handling injectors made; great handles, super easy to grip and not unnecessarily (IMHO) long like the next 'J 'models that have the same head with longer round handles. I surmise that the timeframe of those models ended the era of traditional length razor handles, after that the fashion was for long to 'silly' long handles eg the Schick Golden 500.

Regards
Dick.
Hi Dick,
Though I really like the I1, I also have had good Shaves with a J3, and the N3 rather like magic wands. But probably because I started off on DE with a Futur And LH Progress, I get on with LH razors. Strangely I cannot abide the LH Type L nor do I really Like The Schick Adjustable.As they say " Nowt as Strange As Folk".
Thanks for getting me into Injectors- Mike

As for injector blades, the AC-type are too long but can be trimmed down to size. Have a search around, it's been documented previously I'm sure! :) Also, you'll be hard pressed to find better than the Schick B-20 injector-sized blades. They'll need a spare cart to load with but are exceptionally sharp and smooth. There's also Personna blades on Connaught's which do the job and some people swear by them but, for me personally, the B-20's are the creme de la creme. Soap looks interesting for sure!
+1 on the Proline B blades. IMO they beat the Personnas hands down.

SOTD%20Oct%2024%202017_zpsjyewqayk.jpg

PARADIGM :: MORRIS & FORNDRAN :: PRE DE PROVENCE

Tuesday 24th October

Razorock 400
Cella
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Astra SP (1)
Homemade lime witch hazel
Brut Original ASL

It's been months since I last used Cella, and it was like being greeted by an old friend.
Minimal effort required to load and face lather, and the scent is very tasty !
It does what it's supposed to without fuss or bother.
Three days growth was no match for this set up.
An easy three pass shave without irritation or mishap. Absolutely no sting from the aftershave.
Not baby smooth, but I wasn't aiming for perfection.
I'll try to fit the Cella in to my soap rotation more often given the result and post shave feel it provided tonight.

Sotd - Tuesday 24/10 -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - vintage twin
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two band
soap - A&G Agua de Colonia Barberia cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Vigoroso LE
balm - A&G Agua de Colonia Barberia.

Result - perfecto.

Keeping it mostly Spanish tonight. The scent of the Barberia cream is the perfect antidote to a dreich day. A wee bit of sunlight in a jar. It performs really well for me - if you haven't tried it you probably wouldn't regret it. Depending on your tastes of course. Check the scent profile and see what you think. It's quite strong smelling in use. A big tub of highly concentrated cream for your money. One of the few soaps that I always have a back up in waiting. The Special Edition Floid is a favourite - some evil genius at the company obviously thought that there wasn't enough menthol in the normal Vigoroso - let's put more in. The matching Barberia balm is good for me but not cheap. Must be the goji berries? I can see into the future after that shave - a future that might well involve picking up another Schick. Pardon my ignorance but is it only certain models that will take the twin blades? So - si, vale. Mucho gusto. Enjoy your shaves all - yours - I.

Sotd - Tuesday 24/10 -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - vintage twin
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two band
soap - A&G Agua de Colonia Barberia cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Vigoroso LE
balm - A&G Agua de Colonia Barberia.

Result - perfecto.

Keeping it mostly Spanish tonight. The scent of the Barberia cream is the perfect antidote to a dreich day. A wee bit of sunlight in a jar. It performs really well for me - if you haven't tried it you probably wouldn't regret it. Depending on your tastes of course. Check the scent profile and see what you think. It's quite strong smelling in use. A big tub of highly concentrated cream for your money. One of the few soaps that I always have a back up in waiting. The Special Edition Floid is a favourite - some evil genius at the company obviously thought that there wasn't enough menthol in the normal Vigoroso - let's put more in. The matching Barberia balm is good for me but not cheap. Must be the goji berries? I can see into the future after that shave - a future that might well involve picking up another Schick. Pardon my ignorance but is it only certain models that will take the twin blades? So - si, vale. Mucho gusto. Enjoy your shaves all - yours - I.
Hmmm <steeples fingers under chin> I have a hankering for an I1 too. Are the twin blades easily available, Iain?

Hmmm <steeples fingers under chin> I have a hankering for an I1 too. Are the twin blades easily available, Iain?

Evening - I picked up the razor from a fellow member here and he kindly tossed in a couple of used packs of the twin blades. I got more from an Ebay seller named Maidrozz. They are new stock Japanese market twin Schick blades. Not the cheapest option - £14.25 for ten, postage included - but the sale is UK based so no potential worries with getting snagged by Customs and the Post Office. I know others order them direct from Japan. So fairly easily available to answer your question. I think a couple of packs will last me quite some time. Hope this helps - yours - I.

PicsArt_10-24-08.45.25.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
JR168
Tabac soap
Gillette New LC
Gillette 7 O'clock Sharpedge (Yellow)
A little alum, and
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

First try of a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, following 2 consecutive Polsilvers. It felt very good. Extremely smooth shave. Wouldnt like to say better than Polsilver, but definitely on a par. Back to my OC too.

Have a good evening all

20171024_203032-jpg.19419

Razor: Colonial Stainless Steel General
Razor blade: Kai 'Pink'
Brush: Maseto 24mm extra dense Finest Spectrum
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern

First outing with the SS General. Excellent results and a lot more efficient than the aluminium version.
I have tried the the Brass version on loan a while ago. I would say the SS version is more efficient than the Brass version too.
I think the knurling on the handle helps with the efficient. It's an obvious thing to say but the knurling helps to give you better leverage.
I always felt as if I was going to drop the Brass one and I was never comfortable with it.

I do feel it's still a little too head heavy but this is only my first use so I'm sure I'll get used to it.

One last thing. I'd just like to thank everyone who sent their best wishes and congratulations to my Sister on her wedding day after my last SOTD. I really appreciate the kind words.

Laters
Rob

Back
Top Bottom