Zenith 506U TS
General S/S
Schick Proline P #1
Alum Wash
Blue Stratos A/S
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
Blue Stratos EDT
iQgJZ0Z.jpg

Debut shave and what a great result it was. The balance is superb and the ample knurling on the handle will allay all the slippery handle critics. I achieved a Dolphin result in 2 stunningly good passes. I love it. Well done @Colonial Razors, a triumph.

b9bpckcW_o.jpeg

Omega 11126
Schick Injector G8 (NOS)
Schick (1) (NOS)
Abbate Y La Mantia Don Jose
Myrsol Emulsion & Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Received two parcels today, one with my Schick Injector I traded for and my Don Jose soap. Unable to resist giving both a run out I called an audible on today's shave. The first ever use (and user) of this Schick and what a shave it was. Smooth as butter, I had never really used an injector properly so I watched a quick video beforehand to get the angle sussed. The vintage blade was very good but not sure what it is called exactly. Curious for other blades, I expect most Feathers and Kai should fit?

The soap is heavenly, I had enough to get by but should have loaded more. The scents on there are acquired tastes but this is a very rich, yummy scent. So good to eat, banana is the dominant note for me (I do have a slight cold) and on the face it is very creamy and the menthol is very cooling, surprisingly so. Post shave my skin felt excellent. Forgot to use Thayers today and in truth didn't need a balm but I went ATG on my neck and had slight irritation, my fault so I used the Emulsion.

Received two parcels today, one with my Schick Injector I traded for and my Don Jose soap. Unable to resist giving both a run out I called an audible on today's shave. The first ever use (and user) of this Schick and what a shave it was. Smooth as butter, I had never really used an injector properly so I watched a quick video beforehand to get the angle sussed. The vintage blade was very good but not sure what it is called exactly. Curious for other blades, I expect most Feathers and Kai should fit?
As for injector blades, the AC-type are too long but can be trimmed down to size. Have a search around, it's been documented previously I'm sure! :) Also, you'll be hard pressed to find better than the Schick B-20 injector-sized blades. They'll need a spare cart to load with but are exceptionally sharp and smooth. There's also Personna blades on Connaught's which do the job and some people swear by them but, for me personally, the B-20's are the creme de la creme. Soap looks interesting for sure!

As for injector blades, the AC-type are too long but can be trimmed down to size. Have a search around, it's been documented previously I'm sure! :) Also, you'll be hard pressed to find better than the Schick B-20 injector-sized blades. They'll need a spare cart to load with but are exceptionally sharp and smooth. There's also Personna blades on Connaught's which do the job and some people swear by them but, for me personally, the B-20's are the creme de la creme. Soap looks interesting for sure!
Many thanks, I found a Kai Pink I had laying about and it is quite too big. I'll have a look at the B-20 you mentioned, they should be the right size yes?

It is an interesing soap, they have some odd scents, if you ever want to smell like a carrot or biscuit ...

Many thanks, I found a Kai Pink I had laying about and it is quite too big. I'll have a look at the B-20 you mentioned, they should be the right size yes?

It is an interesing soap, they have some odd scents, if you ever want to smell like a carrot or biscuit ...
They should indeed - they're the perfect size for injectors from what I've read and fit in my Supply SE (modelled on an injector) absolutely perfectly.

Careful now, I'm a martyr for biscuits...

They should indeed - they're the perfect size for injectors from what I've read and fit in my Supply SE (modelled on an injector) absolutely perfectly.

Careful now, I'm a martyr for biscuits...
They look reasonably priced directly from Japan, bookmarked for later. Seems cheaper to order direct than pay a mark up this side of the pond.

The biscuit one was alright, not fussed on the scent but it was a good lather. Crumiro it was called

They look reasonably priced directly from Japan, bookmarked for later. Seems cheaper to order direct than pay a mark up this side of the pond.

The biscuit one was alright, not fussed on the scent but it was a good lather. Crumiro it was called
They are - 2 packs (40 blades) falls under taxation threshold and costs about £12.74 posted. Given I'm wasteful and get 5 shaves per blade, at 15.8p per shave I'm not losing sleep!

~ Shave of the Day - 24.10.2017 ~

Pre - Wickhams Gentle Glycerine Face Soap / Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Voskhod (3)
Brush - RazoRock Italian Barber 24mm Plissoft
Soap - Tcheon Fung Sing Ciotola Gialla
Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse / 4711 Aftershave /
Dove Men+Care Hydrate Post Shave Balm
150885023686817[1].jpg

Last edited:
Tues 24th Oct.

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active
Schick Type I1
Schick Twin [ 7- Japan]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Another Injector Shave today, with one of my favourites Schicks [ Type G on] that takes a Twin Blade, the compact Type I1.

Without doubt the performance of this Razor is enhanced by use of a Twin blade. Despite the blade being on its 7th outing, the Shave was smooth and comfortable and one can feel that second blade scything away the stubble. This IMHO is one of the best inexpensive Schicks to get hold of, as it handles very nicely and will take Single and Twin blades.I will be interested to see how well it goes with a Schick Proline. Reckon that I may squeeze one more good Shave out of this blade.

IMG_0036.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Cella
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem Blue Star

IMG_20171024_160105.jpg
More than 30hrs growth, so the smooth efficiency of the MMOC was called for, and it didn't disappoint.
Aided magnificently by another marzipan croap, and finished off nicely with the Cella splash.

Tues 24th Oct.

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active
Schick Type I1
Schick Twin [ 7- Japan]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Another Injector Shave today, with one of my favourites Schicks [ Type G on] that takes a Twin Blade, the compact Type I1.

Without doubt the performance of this Razor is enhanced by use of a Twin blade. Despite the blade being on its 7th outing, the Shave was smooth and comfortable and one can feel that second blade scything away the stubble. This IMHO is one of the best inexpensive Schicks to get hold of, as it handles very nicely and will take Single and Twin blades.I will be interested to see how well it goes with a Schick Proline. Reckon that I may squeeze one more good Shave out of this blade.

View attachment 30281
Greetings

I think I would have to agree with that assessment; that model together with the I2 (same razor but with the Hydromagic feature) were the nimblest handling injectors made; great handles, super easy to grip and not unnecessarily (IMHO) long like the next 'J 'models that have the same head with longer round handles. I surmise that the timeframe of those models ended the era of traditional length razor handles, after that the fashion was for long to 'silly' long handles eg the Schick Golden 500.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom