Coming soon: Rocnel SE50 razor - and Rocnel DE42

The Rocnel SE (using a snapped off DE blade) was a successful POC when it comes to their ability to produce a low-cost, high quality razor.

Building on that success - and leveraging investments made into R&D - they are now ramping up to produce and market one "traditional" DE razor and one true SE razor. Both to be brought to market at low price point to continue with Murat's desire to bring "high quality razors at affordable prices" to the market.

The blade loading mechanism in the DE razor has me very intrigued.

Anywho, here are some high level specs and some photos of (and I need to stress this) of prototypes. These photos are not of finalized production units.

ROCNEL SE50
Design:
Three-piece razor (top cap, base plate and handle)
Blade: Compatible with Feather Pro type blades
Price: TBD but "significantly below current offerings like Mongoose, etc)
Availability: 2016

*** Update 5/21:
Price: $85 / £58.50
Availability: July. 2016
Where: Extrashaving.com ***

5y90eu.jpg

lim9s.jpg

Rocnel SE next to the upcoming Rocnel SE50:
tah92p.jpg

Loading:
j5a4oh.jpg

fcc5v.jpg

ROCNEL DE42
Design:
Three-piece razor (top cap, base plate and handle)
Blade: DE blades
Price: TBD but "significantly below their other DE razor
Availability: 2016

Top cap:
ix7fq1.jpg

Base plate:
19p5k7.jpg

Loading - baseplate - top cap - blade combo:
2qb4xz9.jpg

2s7x5ig.jpg

slhedd.jpg

qr0snd.jpg

1221cva.jpg

5a5qo8.jpg

2ypajyt.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they're considering patenting that DE loading idea, it looks cool. I think I'd prefer a fraction more steel to cover the ends of the blades though.

Yeah they are going through the patent process as we speak (or are coming out of it by now).
Note that these are pre-production production units so the final design may differ a bit.
I do really like the loading mechanism..and find myself intrigued.
I hope and trust most people will be open to the possibility that something a bit different might work :)
If these both sell for, say $50-60 each...it would be hard not to pick them up...

Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks! R. the enabler...

Looking at the SE, I wonder whether the 'lather trench' will clog and "block" the blade, if it would benefit from holes? This would also ease the rinse between strokes, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Thanks! R. the enabler...

Looking at the SE, I wonder whether the 'lather trench' will clog and "block" the blade, if it would benefit from holes? This would also ease the rinse between strokes, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holes are good. Having used a Gillette Guard this morning for the first time, I'm very impressed by the design that allows the used lather to flow away from the blade.

I definitely like the lower price point. Not sure on the slide mechanism. Were it to go wrong you couldn't use the razor. Also sliding a cover over an exposed DE blade could go terribly wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yh DB mentioned this is just a prototype so time will tell as to the finished product. As with 1st drafts I'm sure comments will be taken on board.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Great to see some innovation on a 3-piece design DE-razor. Basically I like the slide mechanism for loading a blade. If this idea gets some development from prototype to production version I am In for sure.

Thank you for sharing Darkbulb.

Regards Marco

Back
Top Bottom