Gron lycka Old Fashion Whipped Shaving Soap from Sweden

gron_lycka_soap.jpg

Review: Gron lycka Old Fashion Whipped Shaving Soap

“Gron Lycka” = “Green Happiness” is a handmade soap from Sweden produced in small batches, vegan, no Rock n Roll, no Hipster, no Macho, instead focused on Spa and well being, sort of very Swedish in my book. 189 SEK/175 gram

Soap is delivered in a round 90x35 mm metal can, when opening the lid scent will not send fragrance wheel spinning, to my nose it is a faint mix of citrus and soap, good for a shave but not lingering on, texture is soft to the thumb.

Lathering is easy but don't be impressed just yet, keep adding water working that brush to release the full creamy and thick and slick potential.

Shave is close without irritation with a very nice post shave, I really like the soft feel it gives my normally dry skin.

After a week of testing with different brushes and razors it is one of my favourite soaps not for the daily 6.30 morning shave but saved for weekend spa-shaves.

Last edited:
Hi Nisse.. very interesting. Is this soap only available in Sweden? As I am here in Norway and I see a few nice Swedish products like hth cream (hjälper torr hud) but no traditional shaving products unless I find a special store. For this I must drive to Oslo. Just wondered if it is available in other parts of Scandinavia?

Tack!

gron_lycka_map.JPG
It is made in a small village called Algafall close to Bankeryd, sold in a handful of stores in the area but mainly online by the artisan herself.

I have the older version of that soap, it came in plastic container.
It is a very nice soap.
ekologiskraktval-300x300.jpg

In a few day (27 June) Grön Lycka is going to launch 3 new shaving soaps (croaps)

Nordic Star.
Scented with a delicate blend of organic essential oils.
Fresh steam distilled lime with notes of eucalyptus.
Balanced with floral notes of geranium and warm dark patchouli.

Misty Woodland.
Bring the woods into your home.
This beauty is loaded with green french clay.
Lovely blend of sweet bergamot, pine and cedarwood.

Mr Charming.

Warm and spicy blend with liquorice & black pepper.
Loaded with charcoal for a great clean and detox.
Scented with organic essential oils of black pepper, star anis, soothing lavender and dark smoky vetiver.

Discount: We have got a Grön Lycka discount code on a Swedish forum, valid for three days 27-28-29 of June. I just contacted the artisan re TSR, and Yes, Happy Midsummer :) you guys get the same 20 % off if using code: shavingsoap

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom