Gron lycka Old Fashion Whipped Shaving Soap from Sweden

I think artisan is at least looking into the possibility of adding a 100 (and the possibility to order samples) (and next product will be face creams with scents to match soaps) while waiting I bought szappan from Hungary.

Last edited:
Funny! Just read a message on the Swedish forum from artisan that smaller will be available in about three weeks.

In smaller tin, 80 grams, 159 SEK, and there will be a new 20 % discount code.

That's indeed great news.

Hm. 159 SEK is 'bout $19...add $9 for shipping...
That's about $28 for 80gr of soap (closer to $23 or so with the discount code).
It's not an unrealistic price but it feels high for some reason.

As a comparison
MdC is about $46 for 200gr = about $0.23/gr
GronLycka in 80gram tin is $19 = about $0.24/gr

Gronlycka, not taking discount code or shipping into consideration for either product, ends up being more expensive than MdC.

I can't help but to think that the price is still high (and yes, I know I come across as 'there is no pleasing me' but can't help it) :)

There's a very good reason for you thinking the price is high! Sweden is expensive, though, especially with the current Sterling exchange rate. I very much like her soap, though!

There's a very good reason for you thinking the price is high! Sweden is expensive, though, especially with the current Sterling exchange rate. I very much like her soap, though!

Yeah, I'd love to support a good Swedish product...I just wish it was a bit more affordable.
And, yes, I'm being "cheap" and know it :)

Heja Sverige! ;)

Well, I'll be ... d'oh.

The way this thread has developed, I could do nothing but lather the damn thing up in an attempt to keep a modicum of mental health and self respect. And what do you know: Full, rich and nicey smelly goo built up. Loaded for a little longer than usual and had to add quite a bit of water underway, but I think I'll be pleased with my acquisition. Scent wise it's somewhere between MdC Fougere and Fitjar Fjellheim. From the looks of it, I'd venture a guess that it's near in performance too, but that I'll have to wait for tomorrow to see. Just a test lather before going to bed today. Eat that, you cheapos! ;)

Hah! I've just bought a tub of PannaCrema whatever! Her huge price jack is what is putting me off, having bought my first tub at her old price. Like I say, it's grand stuff!

Back
Top Bottom