S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th January to Friday 13th January 2017

SOTD: 7th January 2017.
A.Saturday Shave..JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom Water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: 1972 Gillette Aluminium Tech (England)

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated .(new)

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle .

Soap: Proraso Sandalwood + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Proraso Sandalwood A/S.

Tesco Sensitive Fragrance Free body Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend.The Gillette Tech is such a wonderful little razor, matched up with the Voskhod blade it provided me with a excellent 3 pass silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso Sandalwood A/S.I'm ready for what saturday has to offer.Enjoy your day gentlemen.:cool:

JhyxFaPh.png

Taking on the winter blues with a little Puro Fresco & Neroli Portofino.

DSC_0346_zpsqpkwx6pq.jpg
Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kropp Sheffield Steel 6/8th Full Hollow
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
LEA Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Wonderful Shave with My Kropp 6/8th this Morning..Beautiful Shavers these SRs..Its a Sheffield Made Blade & Ground in Hamburg Germany..A Very Comfortable Razor..I Am Going to have a Wee Run with My Sheffield SRs..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Good morning.

First shave with the R95 (Rocca birch handle):

xNAjFzp.jpg

MÜHLE R95 & PolSilver Super Iridium.
Shavemac ATG 2016 two-band.
Meißner Tremonia 'Pots of Milk' shaving paste.
Klar 'Klassik' after shave.

I confirm the general consensus or early reports, if you like, on the R95. Very efficient, deep three-pass shave, with slight audible feedback and characteristic "octopus tentacle" adhesiveness on the skin while gliding through the to-be-removed stubble. Slight weight distribution bias towards the head, the birch wood handle feels soft and highly 'natural'. The DE blade goes a bit beyond the width of the head on either side, but that is quite ok during the shave.

Highly recommended razor for those who actively use DEs and want smooth deep shaves - at least this is my very first impression, and personally I am glad I got the R95.

My shave for today:

Pre-shave - Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser and Village Barber Shaving Oil
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba AllÂ’Olio Di Mandorla
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post shave - D.R Harris Mild Skin Tonic and Proraso (Red) Shea Butter & Sandalwood Pre And Post Shave Cream.

Great shave, the Proraso red made a nice finish.

Have a good weekend.

Good morning.

xNAjFzp.jpg

I confirm the general consensus or early reports, if you like, on the R95. Very efficient, deep three-pass shave, with slight audible feedback and characteristic "octopus tentacle" adhesiveness on the skin while gliding through the to-be-removed stubble. Slight weight distribution bias towards the head, the birch wood handle feels soft and highly 'natural'. The DE blade goes a bit beyond the width of the head on either side, but that is quite ok during the shave.

Highly recommended razor for those who actively use DEs and want smooth deep shaves - at least this is my very first impression, and personally I am glad I got the R95.
The R95 looks good, the birch handle looks Scandinavian. I am really enjoying the R96.

Good morning.

xNAjFzp.jpg

Would the R95 be similar to the ATT R1 with regards to aggression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saturday's shave

Shower and massage in some argan oil
Soap up the new Wickhams 1902 lemon verbena and french lavender with the Wolf Whiskers brush. First try and it smells good enough to eat, the lavender smell comes through more with lathering. Great performance as with the other Wickhams.
Above the tie H1 with a new jianyu blade
Three pass bbs with a couple of little nicks on the chin.
Finish with some Thayers then add some Perfume Parlour Neroli Portifino

Back
Top Bottom