AOS Ocean Kelp cream
B & R Adjustable razor
Personna Red blade
Floid Blue aftershave
Floid Blue edt

9fa8e1ed7981d84f603b630e4bef3430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday...
A bit of a disappointment today; but hopefully rectified.

Soap - The Fat
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1914
Blade - Gem Personna SE #1
Post - Thayer's and Floïd MV

An uneven first pass; due to the blade moving in the razor. Definetely designed for the older wedgey blades as we know, so I opted for a half-spine shim. This improved a bit; but the blade was still shifting. So...I don't if this resembles a 'traditional' shave; but I went for a full shim - using an entire spine from a previously discarded Gem SE. All I know is I can't move the blade, gently pressing with my thumbnail. The acid test will be the next shave. I tentatively touched up one of the unven patches (suitably lathered) and it seemed better. Jury's out...

This vetyver has been on my ever growing list for a long time , had a sniff of it when i was in the L'occitane shop in Glasgow and liked the scent.
Great minds Stephen great minds ! ;)
Indeedly, Matey. Their Eau des Baux is good too. So much so, that our youngest daughter (ahem) appropriated it. The Vetyver is the nearest to essential vetiver I've smelt. Really earthy. Good stuff.

Saturday 7th January 2017
SOTD 7th Jan.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable 1965 (4)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac
AS: Old Spice Original and Nivea replenishing balm

Fantastic shave today!

First shave with the Gillette Slim, set to 4 as recommend by it's previous owner ( @BigBoar, thanks again!), I am really impressed with this razor, no fuss shave, just a simple 3 pass shave with a fantastically smooth result. The hardest part of this shave was trying to decide what soap, blade and aftershave to use, totally happy with the result.:)

Back
Top Bottom