SOTD Saturday 2nd December 2017 - Friday 8th December 2017

SOTD: 2nd December 2017.
+1 S.(2nd dec).JPG Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Wrights Cold Tar Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive Classic Shave Stick .

Blade: Treet~Dura Sharp.(1)

Razor: Parker 22R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Boots~ Essentials Moisturising Lotion.

Duru ~ Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A new set up to start the weekend, it been a while since i last used my Semogue 830 brush, superb performing brush, as are all of my semogues, it's also the maiden shave with the Treet~Dura Sharp blades, which paired up superbly with the Parker 22R,i find that my parker razors are pretty well matched with most of the DE blades i've paired them up with, apart from Derby extra's which gave me a nasty nick, but that could have been down to me mastering my technique, or a dud blade, since then though, i've never used derby Extra blades, however last week i read a good SOTD post on them, which has restored my faith in them slightly,since then i found a tuck of 5 in my shaving den which i thought i had discarded with the others i had binned after receiving the nasty nick early this year...

so i'll give them another try soon, but for now i'll stick with blades that have gave me a comfortable no-errors DFS.

i've been having some sublime shaves on the last few weeks using shave sticks, so i'm making this week a 'Shave stick week' starting off with the humble Palmolive classic shave stick, which provides a wonderful slick protective lather, and a fabulous old school fragrance at a amazingly reasonable price,each time i enter Asda, my feet are magnetised to the shaving section, of which i always end up with two shaving sticks in the shopping trolley.

I've actually got 8 spare ones now!,..I'm developing a secret Palmolive Shave stick fetish!...You can never have anough shaving provisions.. That's my excuse anyway.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report .

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Duru Turkish Lemon Cologne...Lovely stuff.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, and keep warm ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
FullSizeRender.jpg ~SOTD~ 2nd December Saturday

Prep ~ Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready 1914 Brass
Blade ~ Ever-Ready Corrux
Soap ~ PAA Dirt second use (pass-around)
Brush ~ Semouge OC Badger
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ L'Occitane Edt

A good shave with the 1914 but I feel I have been spoilt somewhat by the Level Two Sabre and found I had to work harder to achieve the same results. Still a good shave though.
The soap is just as dirty as it was yesterday, I like it!
BBA PSB to finnish followed by a good spray of the L'Occitane pour Homme.
Just perfect for a dull damp day! :)

Wishing you all a fab weekend. :)

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt171202.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Dickens
- YaQi "Space Badger" Silvertip
- Tech with Tibam handle and Feather blade
- Sôi energy aftershave

:)

Now that December is here, it's time to get into a more festive mood:
The owner of one scant young nose, gnawed and mumbled by the hungry cold as bones are gnawed by dogs, stooped down at Scrooge's keyhole to regale him with a Christmas carol: but at the first sound of "God bless you merry, gentleman! / May nothing you dismay!" Scrooge seized the ruler with such energy of action, that the singer fled in terror, leaving the keyhole to the fog and even more congenial frost.

Morning shave.

Baxters of California Face Wash.
PAA CaD.
Semogue 1305 Boar.
Little Wren Pottery.
Mongoose B3 + Ikon OSS Handle.
Feather Pro (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Fine American Blend Aftershave.
L'Occitane Balm.
L'Occitane Eau de L'Occitan EDT.

The more I use this brush the more I love it. The Feather Pro was, as expected, a little rough on first use. So I settled for two passes and a DFS. Have a great weekend chaps.

Saturday 2nd December
Olive Oil Soap
Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
RazoRock Caribbean Holiday Soap
Semogue TSN 2010 LE Silvertip Brush
Ikon MR-SE/Bulldog with a Proline-P
Alum Block and rinse
BBA PS Balm
Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

Two passes and a touch up for a wonderful BBS shave:)

First day of a fun weekend so it is off to the Local Christmas market!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Saturday

Soap - Vitos Red Extra Super
Brush - RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem SS
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick Men's

This is my third shave with the MMOC and it really is a great bit of kit. I find it equals my Clog Pruf in the end result; but I do like an open Comb. Like other so-called ‘aggressive' razors in my den (Gillette Old, Streamline, Piccolo etc.), I find it just really efficient, should the common sense techniques of good prep and (lack of) pressure be followed.

Lovely post-shave feel from the tallowy Vitos; which gave great glide and protection for the Gem combo. A great finish with Speick too; great stuff.
5C3378CD-1707-41C6-8C91-79086E2D153F.jpeg

Saturday 2nd December
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
OSP Orange & Patchouli
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Voskhod Teflon Coated #4
Alum Wash
Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
v7ClEUb.jpg

Last of my DE foray with one of my favourite vintage DE's proved very beneficial as I had a very pleasing shave. Very easy and so comfortable. The result was really close, aided by super accoutrements.

Good shaves to you all!!

sr0ljjja_o.jpeg

Omega 10098
Schick G8 Injector
Schick Proline B-20 (1) / Personna (1)
Pheonix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Brut

Well I was looking forward to my first use of a proline blade and it was a dud! Tried it and removed it several times and it was like shaving with a spork! No edge at all and too lazy to go upstairs to get a new one I used a Personna from Connaughts. Afterwards I have got another proline and loaded it and tested it on my arm. I don't think they come with a blank for the first blade?

Anyway, a superb shave after that and no issues at all. I can look forward to tomorrow's now. I'm fancying an all BBA product shave.

Back
Top Bottom