SOTD Saturday 2nd December 2017 - Friday 8th December 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime EO
Razor: ER 1912 Peerless
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Castle Forbes Lime EO ASB

IMG_20171202_121943.jpg
A fantastic shave from the Peerless, very generously gifted to me by @mpf9ret, many thanks Mike.
The aluminium handle didn't make the wonderful 1912 any less efficient, so there was no impulse to add any pressure.
Used the CF Lime to try and fool myself Summer was on the way, it didn't work.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Sat 2nd December

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Sabre V1
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

My first ever Shave with the Sabre V1 kindly loaned to me by Kevin @Boru62 . I suspect he is doing a bit of enabling in retaliation at offloading some of my Vintage SEs on him:), but he does like them !

According to many who have used it this Razor is classified as mild. I find it to be very smooth yet efficient, and I had no trouble getting rid of my fairly strong beard. I am more than pleased with this Razor on its first outing, as it provided my with a very comfortable Shave without any Drama,and whilst the finish might not be as close as I have had with an ER 1924/ Streamline it is very good.

IMG_0117.jpg

Last edited:
Second shave with the LPL..Cyril's Tallow formulation is far superior in performance to the vegetal IMHO.
Also this brush is a gel tip wonder:D and finish with one of the best scents ever!:cool: Super Saturday!

Have a splendid weekend Gents.

5NAxDir.jpg

2/12/17

Pre - Bloom
Soap - Palmolive
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Old Type
Blade - GWS India (9)
Post - Ben's Bay Rum

I've been using synth brushes mainly over the last few weeks and even though their performance is superior to the Omega boar in almost every way, I can't quite put my finger on for why the boar brush is more enjoyable to use.

Really impressed with the Gil Wik Sword, seems to have a very good duration as well.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Proraso
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap: Shaving Time Co: Broadside
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

what an absolutely majestic shave... the Merkur 34C HD/Polsilver combo is quite simply sublime, and the Shaving Time Co: Broadside, being made by Lather Bros, is quite simply a stellar soap, as you'd expect.... yeah, what a fantastic start to my weekend.

SOTD: 021217
SOTD 021217 3.jpg
Blade: Polsilver SI
Razor: Gillette Psycho 1952
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands
Brush: Simpson 22mm Special Pure Badger
EDT: CK Free

A delightful 3 pass shave using the relatively mild Gillette Psycho.
A fascinating and intriguing razor that originated from a Victorian Asylum that is now luxury flats and was gifted to me by my father.

Face lathered with the little brush that requires re-knotting but managed to whip up a lovely thick, slick and protective lather using the wonderfully scented NSS.

I felt no balm needed today due to the soap and finished off with a generous splash of CK Free.

Enjoy your shaves and your weekend! :)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (1)
EdC: Speick

A shave on a hot summer's night - the Stirling mentholated soap was just the ticket, and a very nice post shave feel to boot.
Popped one of my sharpest vintage blades - the Gillette Super Silver - into the S1 head for a test. Marginally more blade feel that the Personna Super Iridium, but still very smooth and a DFS+ after three passes and a few buffs.
Still getting the hang of the Slant - my shaves continue to improve.
The simple, fresh herbal scent of the Speick cologne was a nice match - feeling refreshed and soothed.

SOTD: 021217
View attachment 31368
Blade: Polsilver SI
Razor: Gillette Psycho 1952
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands
Brush: Simpson 22mm Special Pure Badger
EDT: CK Free

A delightful 3 pass shave using the relatively mild Gillette Psycho.
A fascinating and intriguing razor that originated from a Victorian Asylum that is now luxury flats and was gifted to me by my father.

Face lathered with the little brush that requires re-knotting but managed to whip up a lovely thick, slick and protective lather using the wonderfully scented NSS.

I felt no balm needed today due to the soap and finished off with a generous splash of CK Free.

Enjoy your shaves and your weekend! :)
Fascinating Wayne. Most of the old Victorian Asylums around north London are now ‘luxury' flats too.

Fascinating Wayne. Most of the old Victorian Asylums around north London are now ‘luxury' flats too.
Thank you Barry.
Yes both of my parents worked at this particular asylum. I did actually work there for one week on work placement when I was at school.
It was an extremely eerie place with long dark and domed corridors. Many wards were "Locked" wards as some patients were classed as extremely dangerous, shall we say.

It was a place that I would never visit at night....;)

Thank you Barry.
Yes both of my parents worked at this particular asylum. I did actually work there for one week on work placement when I was at school.
It was an extremely eerie place with long dark and domed corridors. Many wards were "Locked" wards as some patients were classed as extremely dangerous, shall we say.

It was a place that I would never visit at night....;)
Thanks Wayne. I know what will be in my dreams tonight.

Back
Top Bottom