1st. post - Hello

Snuff taking, Single Malt drinking, Free bus pass carrying Anarchist, from the Republic of Yorkshire, likes Real Ale and decent Tea and Coffee. Been wet shaving 50 years, first 20 with a three piece Gillette then I spotted a razor in a Flea market for 40p. I bought it mainly as I liked the look of the workmanship in the “bomb-bay” doors (turns out to be a 1966 Gillette slim adjustable)
GS.jpg

and this lasted for the next 30 years, all the time using Wilkinson sword blades, never bothered much about soaps and brushes, think it was a Culmark brush I had for donkeys, worn down to a stub and a Palmolive stick if I was lucky, which I face lathered with. Shaving was regarded as a chore to be rushed ! Then I retired and finding I had more time and on a whim won an as new 1912 Ever Ready SE for it's opening bid.
ER.jpg

Googled SE blades and found Connaught's, sent off for x10 Gem stainless PTFE blades , out of the blue Brenda (wife 30 years) bought me a Taylors of Bond St. Badger brush and a Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood soap in a wood bowl, this combination produced the best smoothest shave I'd ever had, and the ADDICTION had begun ! the next stage was to set up a deal with some one and to ask to be paid in Gem blades from Connaught's, the other person was pleased enough with the deal to ask if I'd also like to pick an aftershave as well ? To which I had to confess I'd never, ever, used one. I chose a Taylors Sandalwood and this turned up along with the blades and a tub of Sandalwood shaving cream, another first never having used any before. By now I was truly HOOKED ! Bought a few more SE razors "As you do" Found T.S.R. via the Connaught links, lurked a while learnt allot, but fed-up with only thumbnails signed up and here I am.
cheers all Danny

Hello Danny, nice intro. :)

With the exception of the SE thing that's uncannily like the story of my shaving life, well until the cut throat madness took hold. Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you? - I'm about as far West as you can go before straying into L*ncashire.

Back
Top Bottom