1st SE Razor ?

They are complete opposites in looks and the blades they take, both are great razors, the schicks come in lots of different models, some look cheap, some look like they are great antiques, all very different, but the ones i have i would class as easy to use..but you can often pick both up for a few pounds, so why not try both :)

rob

Cheers Rob think I will just do that get the both of them that way I wouldn't be wondering what the one I didn't get would be like if that makes sense.

so what would be a good choice for my 1st schick injector for ease of use ect,I have a WTB on the BST for an 1912 and when I have purchased that I will go for an schick injector any input would be welcome thx.

mrjackoboy said:
I would always say a schick injector, but maybe i am biased..but would not disagree with sheman, the er is a nice shave.

rob

Ian1872 said:
Thx guys will keep my little peepers on the for sale pages.Is there much difference between those two razors mentioned.

Now that's an intelligent question,

Yes, there are some differences for sure. One of those things will provide an excellent shave, even under your nose. The other one is way too clunky for any tight spots. One can use many different blades, with some excellent ones out there. The other uses the same blades as the ones for scraping paint off windows. Seriously.

Plus one type is sleek and the other is clumsy looking with that huge screwy looking head. Not to mention one is fun to shave with and the other one is gruesome.

Glad to help out,

Martin

Ian1872 said:
I take it the window scrapers are for the 1912 Martin ?

Why, yes they are! Here, let me explain something.

Look at when those various SE contraptions were made. Yeah, around 100 years ago for those 1912 type things. That was near the birth of razor blade shaving, when people tried crazy things. The SE was a failed experiment, and rightfully so. That's why there's been no newer types of metal SE blades made in so long. Main thing is they work just fine on windows.

Don't take my word for it. This is all common knowledge.

Martin

Ok, I should also mention the SE thing must be a cult related 'hobby/habit'. It's the only thing that makes sense.

It means that the remainer of the comment didn't transmit!! [emoji25]

Martin is correct concerning his like of the Schick line of single edged razors.
His comments on the other brands of SE's being Paint scrapers may be a little off.
Depending on the brand of SE blades that you buy the 1912 type razors and their more modern counterparts are very nice shavers.
If you buy the blades from a shaving shop and not a hardware store you'll be ok!

Back
Top Bottom