2015 Bring & Buy Car Boot Sale

Here's my plan to get this ball rolling!

The Plan is to open the Sale on Sunday 31st May 2015 at 10am providing we get enough seller support to make it worth while.

So, let's start putting up our stuff now - see if we can generate a snowball effect, an avalanche of items to sell. If you want to change your mind and not sell, after all, simply delete your thread before opening time. Simples!

PLEASE no early bird offers, no comments, nada, zilch - except members putting their stuff on display. Discipline and drooling are very much in order.

Please see the 'Bring and Buy' thread for pricing policy, BST Rules de dah.

Here we have an Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Imitation Ivory DE Razor, on sale at EJ for £46, along with a very special, different to all the rest, imitation ivory, faux ivory even, razor and brush stand.

The razor is a couple or three years old, maybe four, but has only ever been used a few times - I bet not more than four or six. It is in mint condition.

What makes the stand different is that the base is signed by the maker - Rodney Neep, Oct 2011. Also, I have added a personal touch, as can be seen in the second photo! The stand works perfectly well - it stands - and also looks perfect if you position the damage toward the wall. I have the missing piece somewhere safe and as soon as I find it, I'll send it to the buyer. It's got to be in the bathroom cabinet! Inside something to keep it safe. Too high for the cats to have stolen it. The brush jaws are 25mm apart.

I'm looking for a buyer who will pay into TSR coffers the meagre sum of £60 for the EJ razor and RN stand - broken off bit to follow, one day.

Yours for £60 the lot!

These arrived from Amazon.de just this very morning! It cost me £22 to buy and get them here. Un-opened, un-used, not even sniffed - yours for a mere £20 to TSR vaults.

They were a good idea at the time but I can't be arsed to grate them and have run out of small pots , anyway!

Quick sale, gentlemen - only £20 from your hard won pay-packet!

OK - let's make it £21 specially for you! Only £7 a puck! At your door!

Here is a PayPal Fee calculator.

PJGH - Lot 1 - SOLD

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AmCOCEYv_3M/VV44LXhSYpI/AAAAAAAA8-k/FDYTjAlwAOI/s800/IMG_0676.JPG

Something for everyone ...

T&H No.10 Pre-Shave Skin Protector (Used a couple of times)
Botanic Naturals Tobacco Bay Leaf Soap (Used a couple of times, clean and in a new tin)
Botanic Naturals Tobacco Bay Leaf Aftershave Balm (Ununsed)
Hai Karate Aftershave (Used a few times)
Gillette Trac II Demonstrator w/Vintage Cartridge (Unused)
Sanguine R5 Shavette w/Leatherette Sleeve (Second Hand)
Feather Hi-Stainless (DE Blades) Tuck

***SOLD*** WAS £20 NOW £10 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

PJGH - Lot 2 - SOLD

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-VzRXRuXOyMk/VV44OMzuFPI/AAAAAAAA8-s/ML-yPV7KKlU/s800/IMG_0679.JPG

Something for everyone ...

T&H No.10 Ultimate Comfort Pre-Shave Oil (Part used)
Bay Soap Company Arctic Blast Soap (Used a couple of times)
Malizia Uomo Vetyver Aftershave (Used a few times)
Wilkinson Sword Bonded w/Vintage Cartridge (Unused)
Metal Shavette (Second Hand)
Feather Hi-Stainless (DE Blades) Tuck

***SOLD*** WAS £20 NOW £10 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

PJGH - Lot 3 - SOLD

Solid brass Gillette Trac II compatible Crabtree & Evelyn razor in wooden presentation case with new pack of blades:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lX9co4sBQ1Q/VUyFEz8UMcI/AAAAAAAA8Zc/_2pCgiUI1yg/s800/IMG_0481.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aWk0HrdDX_Y/VUyFIxaHsHI/AAAAAAAA8Zk/f6y-L8399is/s800/IMG_0482.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AmWQzDwC8IA/VUyFOaSi9FI/AAAAAAAA8Zs/h6mkt064148/s800/IMG_0483.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Odb-PU2y-_8/VUyFRlo0YUI/AAAAAAAA8Z0/7HcrlOou3UA/s800/IMG_0495.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-58GbmKlX0Dk/VUyFUqpVrbI/AAAAAAAA8Z8/sD3SX4c9Mo4/s800/IMG_0493.JPG

PJGH - Lot 4

Gillette Deluxe Trac II in case (1973 T3)

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

WAS £20 NOW £10 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

OK then, here we have 4 items L to R:

An unused puck of Organic Bay Rum Shaving Soap, all the way from the US of A. Apparently it is 100% Vegan, so if it shaves terrible - you can eat it. Well, probably best not to be honest. £6 all in.

Unused tube of Tabac Shave Cream. Not much else to say. £6 all in.

Finally 2 pucks of Provence Sante shaving soap - still sealed. I bought these in what I believe was the first group buy for this back in 2011, before all the talk of reformulation and stuff. Great latherer, smells soapy but not too strongly. £8 each or both for £15.

Alternatively, you can take the lot for £23.

PJGH - Lot 5 - SOLD

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T96iEIKMQvQ/VWC0Bhsq8kI/AAAAAAAA9E4/b244eY8PaRE/s800/DSC08516.JPG

Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream 75ml (Used a few times)
Dubl Duck Shaper & Diane Shaper Blades Platinum Coated

***SOLD*** £12 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

PJGH - Lot 6 - SOLD

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-M7FTK39Gl8A/VWC0F7lESvI/AAAAAAAA9FA/FPAPX4YTc8Q/s800/DSC08517.JPG

Herbs of Bulgaria Shaving Cream 75ml (Used a couple of times)
Vintage Japanese Shaper & Diane Shaper Blades Platinum Coated

***SOLD*** WAS £12 NOW £10 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

I'll donate a brass redhorseman handle (RH1B), 25 quid takes it. I am on holiday for two weeks though so it won't be completed until around. the second week of june

[attachment=14068]

[attachment=14068]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432414421933.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432414421933.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 124
UB Lot 1 REDUCED

Just like the one hiding at the back of Paul's immense shelves, a bright red Erasmic shaving soap bowl, best guess is that it's from the '60s, but someone could put me straight on that.

$_57.JPG

I'd like this to go for £12.00. All proceeds to the site.

Be generous, keep TSR ad-free :)

Hiya, this is SOLD

Up for offer is a Slim (K2), soap, and blades package. I am pretty sure the buyer will be happy with what's received.

Razor's in good shaving shape and no plating loss anywhere. Numbers not black but what's the big deal anyway. Blade looks straight along the bar and the TTO works fine. Better than usual condition all around.

Ahhh, the soap is a favorite of mine, it being a NIB RL 'Safari' puck. Blades included are a 10 pack of NOS Gillette Super Stainless that I use myself.

I am thinking $50 will do it. Pay Carl please and I will cover the shipping from my end. Happy to participate in this.

Martin

SOLD Cheesepiece's contribution - a wet shaver / straight razor starter kit

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk94/cheesepiece_bucket/IMG_20150527_191259_zps6jbhudcw.jpg
Description from original seller, pre- two shaves and a stropping session with me:
"Gold Dollar razors are contentious - quality control is patchy, but what you're getting is a Chinese made carbon steel razor which is perfectly capable of being honed up to shave ready. I (previous seller) have done this on 1000/4000 synthetic, Dragon's Tongue & Llyn Melynllyn slates, then linen and leather strops. I've (previous seller) shaved with it and it's good to go ..."

You will receive:
  • Gold Dollar #66 6/8 (perhaps 13/16) and hollow ground - again, it's shave ready and good to go
  • Leather Razor Case - press-stud with a belt loop on the back
  • Leather/Linen Strop - I would NOT advise using the leather side, but the linen side is good and could be pasted
  • Llyn Melynllyn 12K Slate - it's 6"x1" and useful for touching up the edge once it dulls
  • La Toja stick
  • Body Shop synthetic shaving brush

£20 all in, fees, postage, the lot ... you send one payment to Carl and I'll pay the postage

The Plan is in action!

The Plan is to open the Sale on Sunday 31st May 2015 at 10am. It will.

So, let's continue putting up our stuff now - see if we can generate a snowball effect, an avalanche of items to sell. If you want to change your mind and not sell, after all, simply delete your thread before opening time. Simples!

PLEASE no early bird offers, no comments, nada, zilch - except members putting their stuff on display. Discipline and drooling are very much in order.

Please see the 'Bring and Buy' thread for pricing policy, BST Rules de dah.

SOLD Shaving Miscellany SOLD

2015-05-29%2014.36.18small.jpg

Pearl SBF-12OC razor (110mm) - as new.
25 x Lord SuperChromes.
25 x Sputnik.
25 x Gillette Silver Blue.
Decent-sized unused sample of WSP Rustic Vetiver soap.

£15 the lot. Payment to Carl and I will pay postage.

SOLD - THANKS TO BUYER.

I thought it must be a phishing email! - but ... Wow! Thank you, Jim - that is such a generous donation to our forum and what a kick-start to the sale! I'm gobsmacked!

Bechet45 said:
I thought it must be a phishing email! - but ... Wow! Thank you, Jim - that is such a generous donation to our forum and what a kick-start to the sale! I'm gobsmacked!
Carl
I don't contribute by the way of posting to our forum but I do enjoy reading all the various topics!
Forums come at a cost to the owner so this car boot sale is a wonderful way to say thank you!!
I've also learned a lot from our forum too!!!

Here is what I have to offer;

Gillette fat handled tech
Erasmic soap-new
Boots Bay Rum- the one in the photo is used but will pick up a new one tomorrow
3 packs of blades- 7 o'clock, Voskhods and personna reds

Not sure about price so how about
£15 posted[attachment=14132]

Forgot to say, thats £15 with fees/postage, send the payment to Carl and I will sort the postage out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom