7 o'clock greens

TeP

Mornin' folks. Have been working my way through a sample blade pack and have fallen in love with the 7 o'clock yellows. Great shave in my EJ razor.

Just seen some 7 o'clock greens for sale, what is the difference, if any, to the yellows? Just curious as they do seem to be a bit cheaper.

I find the Greens to be a bit smoother than the Yellows and for that reason it's the one i prefer for daily shaving,however,i do use the Yellows if i'm going for a really close shave.
You can get 200 Greens off ebay for about £20,well worth having,in my opinion.

Dave.

The green ones are great blades, there are maybe 2 members here who actively dislike them and everyone else seems to rate them. I've used them a long time and I don't had a bad thing to say about them. Sharp, smooth, all good.
Make sure you get the "Super Stainless" green ones from Russia, there is a similar looking 7 o'clock green blade marked "Permasharp Stainless", they're not as good but they're not the more common of the 2 blades so it's a hard mistake to make.

This is useful to know, because I will be using a Gillette 'green' on my next shave. I am at the point where I want to find not so much 'the one' blade; but maybe three or four brands to settle with.

Read some where that the Yellows are coated while the Greens are not. Both are very reliable blades, marginally prefer the Yellows as I seem to nick myself more often with the Greens, coating makes the difference?

Kevin

They aren't has sharp as yellows. I find I get better shaves with the other 7 oclock blades. These just don't get close enough for me.

Well my 'Greens' have arrived so will be trying one out tomorrow on my morning shave. Will see how they compare with the Yellows.

Try this one fella

That's who I bought mine from. Didn't want the razor and styptic matches so asked for a price for the blades alone. I bought the 100 at £10.99 instead of £12.99 that was asked.

The 'Greens' aren't as easy to come by in smaller quantities anyhow and would have suggested http://connaughtshaving.com/derb.html a week or so ago when postage for blades was free but a £2.50 charge seems steep unless you want to buy other items to make the shipping work for you so to speak.

Richard found the seller who I would go to if I want a bulk order but the seller also stocks 100 for £12.99 (at time of writing) - http://bit.ly/Kako5R

Going to try an Astra SP again tomorrow (tried one a few weeks ago whilst still honing technique etc) after giving a Gillette Super Thin (stainless) a try which didn't suit me in my Merkur 34C.

Back
Top Bottom