7 o'clock greens

Been using my new 'Greens' for a couple of days, and alternating with the 'Yellows'. Not being an expert I'm finding it difficult to find much difference between them. I loved the yellows when I tried them, and now the greens are taking place beside them. 10 out of 10 from me for both blades.

Now got to sort out my other blades to gather the ones I didn't get on with and maybe pass them on.

Now I'm off to begin trying some other new soaps, have been using MWF for the last 18 months. Like the soap just think it would be nice to have a change now and then.

Used my first Green this morning and very impressed. Will use it for a couple more days then try a Yellow. The "problem" is that I've given in and shaved in the evening a few times just for the Hell of it, so comparisons are hard. The acid test will come next Tuesday when I have an evening of wearing a high stiff collar and only a close shave keeps the skin from being rubbed raw.

I tried the greens over the weekend - both in my 37C and Weber, and I have to say that I'm impressed. They were plenty sharp enough to give a great shave, but also very smooth. They are up there with the Astras as far as I'm concerned. Will need to see what their longevity is like though - I'll report on this later on in the week.

Thanks to NotTheStig for responding to my blade-trade request so I could try some.

I did try the blacks and wasn't as impressed as with the greens, but saying that, it was when I was travelling and only had my slim twist with me, so probably need to try them again with the 37 and the Weber.

I have tried the yellows (found them a little rough for me) and the blue-greys, which I loved, so probably time I revisited the blacks!

fatboyslimfast said:
I did try the blacks and wasn't as impressed as with the greens, but saying that, it was when I was travelling and only had my slim twist with me, so probably need to try them again with the 37 and the Weber.

I have tried the yellows (found them a little rough for me) and the blue-greys, which I loved, so probably time I revisited the blacks!

Then there is the Pink, Blue, Puce and Heliotrope and striped ones!

fatboyslimfast said:
Aw, really?

Are they all still in production? I try to only use blades I can get hold of, as I'd hate to find the holy grail blade and then not be able to get any more of them - ignorance is bliss sort-of-thing!

Like Swedes or Iridiums you mean? Or Personna 74's?

49er said:

You know there are actually 7 o'clock blue blades don't you? :icon_smile:

They're good as well.

http://shavenation.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=577&zenid=u2rt7t5kqebt3be49jbqgtr5h7

Swedes and Iridiums are good; Pesonna 74s give me a lot of soreness. Still glad I tried them. Ironically all other modern personnas I've found to be very smooth; however, the circa 1950s "Zipak" Personnas are the antithesis of smooth.

The green Super Stainless are still in production to the best of my knowledge; there are also green 7 oclock branded Permasharp blades. Not tried them or seen them for a while but hear they're not as good as most of the other 7 o'clocks. I actually dislike the blue ones - not very sharp although smoother than the Super Stainless for me.
Horses for courses.

Canuck said:
49er said:

You know there are actually 7 o'clock blue blades don't you? :icon_smile:

They're good as well.

http://shavenation.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=577&zenid=u2rt7t5kqebt3be49jbqgtr5h7

Yes, I was lifting the line from Monty Python. Haven't tried the Blues yet though.

Back
Top Bottom