a good general smooth all rounder blade ?

Hi , all , im a very new newbie (5 days)
At the moment ive got a wilkinsons classic , but ive got a Jagger on its way , ive spent over one and a half hours on this thread and now im more confused than ever , can anyone recommend a good all rounder blade thats smooth , im not overly bristly , so like me it doesnt have to be the sharpest kid on the block , a blade thats kind to the skin is more important , anyway many thanks.

mrlimbo said:
Hi , all , im a very new newbie (5 days)
At the moment ive got a wilkinsons classic , but ive got a Jagger on its way , ive spent over one and a half hours on this thread and now im more confused than ever , can anyone recommend a good all rounder blade thats smooth , i

Hi there,

I'd like to help out, but these foreigners have strict rules about new guys introducing themselves before anyone will speak to em. It's a kind of shunning, I'm already on double secret probation from just being an American, so you can see why I'm reluctant..........oh, the hell with it.

Order some Gillette Yellow SharpEdge blades. Probably the most popular currently made blade........very sharp but forgiving of screw ups.

For now, stay with the same razor/blade set up for the next 10 shaves. You wanna develop some technique, which means no switching things around. After that you should try the SharpEdge in that same razor before using the EJ. You want to compare the two blades using that same razor for a control.

Whatever one works the best is what you then try in the Jagger. You gotta go slow at first to get your bearings.

Hope I don't get banned......

Martin

Oh, I see you already said hi in another thread. Whew, that's a relief......I'm off the hook. Before I forget, Jonus will probably be around to suggest the Derby blade. He means well, but is one of those lovable old crackpots of the forum. Hey Jonus....how you doin buddy?

+1 on what Dodgy said. Well most of it: he's a lovable rogue and has forgotten more than most of us know. :D

Another blade that I've found smooth and reliable is the Personna Platinum Chrome:

wp497e26b4_05.jpg

I'm fairly new to this as well though.

All the best.

I'll agree with those above.

Get yourself some |Gillette 7 o'clock Shaopedge to start with, there are pleanty of other blades of course but these are a good starter for most people.

It is very hard to really suggest a blade as different blades suit different razors and different people, but you should be OK with a Gillette Sharpedge, and it should give you approx 3 shaves per blade.

You will probably find the cheapest supplier on ebay!!

Back
Top Bottom