A question for the new lads just for fun

Mach 3 vibrating thingy with a longtime dead battery, bought a 10 pack just before Christmas (Got a Futur on the 25th), 1 still on the handle, 9 sat in their cartridges. I will keep the part used on sitting underneath the "holster" and probably send the other 5 in my dads direction!

smorgo said:
I'd just treated myself to one of these and was dead chuffed because Boots wanted over £200 for it and I got it from Amazon for half that.

41geZb-2SBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've used it once... :roll:

Wall-E.jpg

Here's his big brother.

Regards

man of leisure said:
Gruff said:
I had a beard :lol: , and and any time I didn't it was just clippered as close to my face as possible...

Very novel, so joining this site sure was not about saving money then. !!!!

It was mostly because I didn't get on with cartridge razors...
If I did actually get a good, as in a comfortable, shave that didn't destroy my face :evil: , I generally only got one more shave out of the cartridge and that was never as good as the first. There was no way I was paying £9 a week to shave and make my face hurt :evil: !

But with the DE, now I can afford a new blade every shave if needs be and my face isn't a mess either :D .
I'm actually enjoying shaving now! and I don't mind spending money on something I am enjoying or throwing away :D

My wife bought me one 3yrs ago for my b-day..it started to seriousely stink even though I know I cleaned it..I went online to see how I could deep clean it..1 article said how to take it apart..another said..if you do you will kill it..I took it apart and noticed the "scum" leftover..meh..to the bin it went..never had an electric since,, :lol:

B

smorgo said:
I'd just treated myself to one of these and was dead chuffed because Boots wanted over £200 for it and I got it from Amazon for half that.

41geZb-2SBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've used it once... :roll:

I had actually used everything.

Original razor was a Mac3
then I had a Gillette Fusion
Tried Wilkinson Sword (one with the electric trimmer on the bottom)
Then I had a Remington BMW designed electric razor foil
Then I had a Phillips 3 rotatory one (one with nivia gel inside that comes out)
And last razor I used before move to DE was my good old King of Shaves.

Since getting my DE in December... have not touched any other razor and nor will I.

When I was younger I would often think about getting an electric razor. What put me off was the fact that they were expensive but you couldn't try one out before buying. This was in the days before Amazon etc. and the reviews you can read online. Luckily it was because I might have chosen one of the higher rated ones. Phew! :shock:

man of leisure said:
How many blades were in the cartridge razor you were using when you joined this sight. ?? Or was some other form of shaving being used.

For me it was the 5 bladed fusion £20 for 8 cartridges the razor complete with battery as that is what Gillette said gave me the best shave.

I used Gillette Fusion once along with the fusion gel gunk. I was fine once I'd healed.
Until switching to de, I was using the K of S Azor four blade fork thing as well along with K of S shaving oil. It gave a passable shave but the cartridges were £8.00 a pop and the oil (which, no matter what the bottle says does not give you forty shaves), about £5.00 a bottle. Just not worth it. Average at best.

It was the Fusion 5 bladed thingy for me too - not the powered version though, I've now gone from shaving once every ten days and hating it to shaving every two days and loving every second of it :)

M3 Power until I eventually thought about the price.

Thought I'd save some money.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha....

Those powered cartridge razors! I had one, what a gimmick. I'd love to see proof that the "vibrating" actually did what they say.

I had a couple of those fancy electrics in my time. They were fine for a quick trim every day, but after two days or more it literally used to take me half an hour to get smooth! Pretty bad considering what they cost.

Now, even on a week's growth, an HD with a Feather makes short work of my beard - three passes in 10 mins - BBS - done. :mrgreen:

John

Back
Top Bottom