... a Treet for your face?

There seem to be a number of reasons to avoid using Russian made razor blades, aside from the political reasons I find PPI Russian blades to be really well made, very consistent but often a bit boring.

I set out to just use Indian made blades for this calendar month as a means to try to discover some blades I'd overlooked. So I've only used two Supermax blades so far and I'm really enjoying them so far.
I tried one Indian blade and found it rough as hell: any particular line you recommend?

I tried one Indian blade and found it rough as hell: any particular line you recommend?

Recently I've been using Supermax's Blue Diamond Platinum and Vidyut Stainless blades and I've really enjoyed the shaves I've had with them. I'd say both blades aren't the sharpest but work really well in slightly more efficient razors.

For other Indian made blades which are easy to get hold off, I really like Gillette's Indian blades. The Gillette Wilkinson Sword is a nice smooth middle of the road blade, the Winner Platinum is a little sharper but is still very smooth, and the 7 O'Clock Platinum is very sharp, I think it's akin to the sharper PPI blades, like Nacet and so on. I used a Gillette 365 and 7 O'Clock Permasharp a while back, and I can't remember how they perform, some seem to rate them very highly as well.

Big Deals Mart have all of those blades (aside from the 365) and the German made Personna Platinum Chrome, which is a really smooth and sharp blade.

But as ever, YMMV.

(sorry for going off topic)

Incoming order:

Super-Max - Titanium
Super-Max - Super Stainless
Super-Max - Super Platinum
Rise - Stainless
Super-Max - Platinum Plus
Super-Max - Blue Diamond
Super-Max - Diamond Edge

One blade of each. I have used all but two of these in the past, but let's see how this pans out. :unsure: ;)

Incoming order:

Super-Max - Titanium
Rise - Stainless
Super-Max - Blue Diamond
Super-Max - Diamond Edge

One blade of each. I have used all but two of these in the past, but let's see how this pans out. :unsure: ;)

I set out to use just Indian made blades for this calendar month, and started out on the brown Supermax Stainless and the Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum, both blades were exceptionally smooth but not the sharpest, and worked a lot better in my modern razors more so than my old Gillettes.

I hope you enjoy using the ones you ordered.

Incoming order:

Super-Max - Titanium
Rise - Stainless
Super-Max - Blue Diamond
Super-Max - Diamond Edge

Brill! Stick your thoughts in the SuperMax thread, will you? I'll refrain from further musings while you try them out.

I found one more Treet blade for you @pjgh, I remember seeing these blades on sale on eBay not too long ago.

Here's the eBay link

Nice one! There must be more razor producers in Pakistan but I'm at a loss googling the matter. I say that because Muster & Dikson's present crop is made in Pakistan and it's not Treet. These Razer blades have a really poor mis-spelling on the packaging and that does not feel like Treet. There's also the Super Glide with the word Platinum that looks to be lifted straight from Treet ... or made by Treet? Again, nothing conclusive.

I'll pop these on the list neverthelss.

Thanks for this article. Very comprehensive and a good resource.
I know I like the Treet Platinum and thought I had already tried the 7 days, but had confused this with 7am, which is not a good blade. Both trying to attach to the cachet of the 7 o'clock range (now owned by Gillette but originally a rival I believe).

I will have to seek out a pack of those 7 days as I am 99% sure I've never tried them, and if they're similar to the Treet Platinum (and if the QC is consistent) I think I may end up with something new to stock up on!

Thanks for this article. Very comprehensive and a good resource.
I know I like the Treet Platinum and thought I had already tried the 7 days, but had confused this with 7am, which is not a good blade. Both trying to attach to the cachet of the 7 o'clock range (now owned by Gillette but originally a rival I believe).

I will have to seek out a pack of those 7 days as I am 99% sure I've never tried them, and if they're similar to the Treet Platinum (and if the QC is consistent) I think I may end up with something new to stock up on!
I just bought 120 of the Treet 7 days, sound perfect for me as my favourite blades are Gillette 7 o'clock yellows.

Both trying to attach to the cachet of the 7 o'clock range (now owned by Gillette but originally a rival I believe).

Yeah, 7 O'Clock was originally AutoStrop. Rather than Gillette buying them out, it was actually AutoStrop founder Henry J Gaisman that out-patented Gillette to the point that they owned him ... erm, the company! Gaisman took over from King C Gillette as Chairman in 1930. Gillette himself died little more than a year later.

... but yes, 7 Days, AM, O'Clock is a powerful thing to align to.

Personally, I found the Samah 7AM to be very good indeed. I enjoyed it a lot. The Treet 7 Days Platinum however is a different thing entirely - very sharp and consistent. If you wanted a sharper Treet Platinum, this is the one for you.

Yeah, 7 O'Clock was originally AutoStrop. Rather than Gillette buying them out, it was actually AutoStrop founder Henry J Gaisman that out-patented Gillette to the point that they owned him ... erm, the company! Gaisman took over from King C Gillette as Chairman in 1930. Gillette himself died little more than a year later.

... but yes, 7 Days, AM, O'Clock is a powerful thing to align to.

Personally, I found the Samah 7AM to be very good indeed. I enjoyed it a lot. The Treet 7 Days Platinum however is a different thing entirely - very sharp and consistent. If you wanted a sharper Treet Platinum, this is the one for you.
Thanks pjgh, I do want a sharper Treet Platinum!
Thanks for the history on the 7 o'clock brand. I did not know that. I assumed the goliath of Gillette (when it was a company not just a brand) gobbled them up.
I have found myself generally to favour modern Russian blades to Indian/Pakistani ones, but there are enough exceptions (Gillette 365, Treet Platinum and Trig) to make this interesting for me to investigate.
And of course it will go on the Blade Review Spreadsheet in due course.

First shave with Treet 7 days blade, nice and sharp with a more audible/higher blade noise compared with Gillette 7 o'clock yellows.
Started off slightly harsh but smoothed off quite quickly, nice shave and a great alternative to the Gillette blades I have been using.

Back
Top Bottom