Above The Tie Slants

DevonStan said:
How's that, FC? A few serene beach huts overlooking the sea at Dawlish Warren. (taken by my goodself on a summer's day when I was in a happy-snappy frame of mind).

Definitely an improvement on psycho-man. I could live with that. Looking forward to some more southern scenes you may have in the future.

fancontroller said:
DevonStan said:
How's that, FC? A few serene beach huts overlooking the sea at Dawlish Warren. (taken by my goodself on a summer's day when I was in a happy-snappy frame of mind).

Definitely an improvement on psycho-man. I could live with that. Looking forward to some more southern scenes you may have in the future.

It's not difficult to bag views of Dartmoor as it's a stones throw up the road, and have one or two digitally stored away. But would probably bore the whiskers off members...even more than I do now.

Re: RE: Above The Tie Slants

PotatoRazor said:
To answer sj184, yes, the ATT slants do twist or torque the blade in a similar way to the Merkur slants. Beautiful machining on all the ATT items.
~

Perfect thanks. If the heads fit on my ikon SE handle that would be great. I guess purchasing is only available directly with ATT at the moment?

Here's what I like about the ikon 102 after just 1 shave:

Smooth smooth smooth
Well made
Efficient
Blade alignment is so easy
Very easy to to sideburns

If the att head can offer all this and a bit more then I will place an order very soon.

Wow. Did not realise we are talking about so many £s!

I was hoping to get a head + top cap for 60-70 dollar mark inc p+p.

Had a wonderful shave with my 39c this morning which makes the decision even harder! Sure, it's rubbish for my sideburns and aligning the blade can be a pain, but it does the job.

You know, the cost is very high anyway/where you get it, and I have both S1 and S2 heads, as well as a 39C. Truth to tell, the 39C shaves just as well as the S1.

The absolutely flawless construction of the ATT is worth the money IMO, but if you are expecting an exponentially better shave, I think you will not find it so. The aesthetics are certainly worth a great deal, and the longevity of solid stainless is a formidable factor to consider as well - especially if you fancy the idea of an heirloom.
~

The heads will fit on your Ikon handle no problem Sj184, though i would take this into consideration as well.

If you order from Stan at ATT the rough cost would be about £110-111.00 if customs get hold of it add another £22 ish, total cost £132-133.
Or you could order from Brian at Executive Shaving the Complete slant razor, with either the Atlas or Kronos handle for £155 plus your TSR discount which I think is 10% plus postage so say about £145.
I know its a bit more but you get the handle of your choice, and if there is a problem with the razor its a lot less faffing about sending it back to Brian than it is to the states.
But whether you choose to buy direct from Stan or from Brian, the customer service you receive will be excellent.

rolatruck said:
I think if customs nab it you may have the £8 rm handling fee as well, if so then the difference is only about £5.

Forgot about the pirates at RM as well :)

Just put ikon on bst forum. Can't belueve I am doing this. Also considering selling mdc! Att head better outlive next few generations of my family! Lol.

After reading this thread i decided to get an ATT S1 from executive shaving. I just placed the order.
I am curious how it compares with my only razor: Merkur 1904 :D
I hope i will not regret spending so much money... :angel:

Catalin said:
After reading this thread i decided to get an ATT S1 from executive shaving. I just placed the order.
I am curious how it compares with my only razor: Merkur 1904 :D
I hope i will not regret spending so much money... :angel:

I sincerely trust you'll be as happy with your S1 as I am, today, with my S2. It's just arrived and I used it within 30 mins of it turning up...and I'm chuffed to bits.

Fabulous service from Executive Shaving...I just rang Brian to thank him and for chucking in a freebie sample tub of Orange and Sandalwood E-Shave shaving cream. Very happy to recommend them.

The Weber(s) will be here soon....can't wait for that either. It's better than Christmas !!

Back
Top Bottom