Acquisitions 1 August - 31 August

I've a Barbaros TR1 head on its way. I'll post pics whenI get it. I've asked Hassan about a handle, hopefully he's going to get a few in. I know I was resisting but I can't say no to a bit of Stainless.

Time to find a couple of knots.
f3b716b5b742ea3a50c96c2bf894af1e.jpg
Fantastic bit of kit.

Just received my first badger brush from @Blademonkey. I'm chuffed to bits.:D

This is the second gift I've received from members here in the last two weeks. I'm bowled over with the generosity and thoughtfulness of the people on here, thank you.

I'll be reporting back on how I get on. I'll be 'passing it on' once I've tried it out, as requested by Paul.

Hopefully in the future I can make someone's day too.:):cool:

Cheers
Rob

Took delivery of a Semogue 2015 Excelsior Tuxego, 3-band Silvertip (not the High Density model) with the signature Semogue wood handle yesterday morning. Upon receipt I washed the brush and hand lathered it three times with Leonhardy brush soap. This morning I took it for its first spin, loading her up with TOBS Cedarwood Shaving Cream. As per usual, I face lathered and was mightily impressed by how the brush felt and performed: The tips are soft with not a hint of scritch/scratch/prickle; the backbone is much to my liking in that I don't like stiff brushes; flow through is great as the brush is not overly dense; and it makes copious amounts of lather, more than enough for three latherings. The fan-shape of the knot combined with the size (22X57) is perfect for me. This brush requires no break-in period, but neither have any of my other 3-band and 2-band silvertips. Including postage from Ireland to Canada this brush cost me €40.53; terrific value and a real steal. This is my first Semogue badger, but I do have an SOC Boar, which impressed me so much that I decided to give the Sivertip a try. Next on the list is the Semogue 2-band silvertip possibly, but this my have too much backbone for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom