Acquisitions 1 July - 31 July, 2016

Well hell, I bought a couple things that will never be used by me...ever. It's because of those damn 1912ish freaks who never stop yammering about what a great shaver they are. Hah, I know better though.

Was at a flea market recently and surprisingly acquired a few Damaskeene versions in good shape for not much cash. Came with boxes and bladeholders and one box is kinda beat up with no blades. The other box is in very nice shape and there's 5 wrapped Damaskeene blades still in the holder. That set is pretty tasty....ugh, if you like that kinda thing I mean.

Maybe I can use em as bait in a trade sometime with one of them crazy bastards who are deeply hooked into that diabolical cult.

G
Well hell, I bought a couple things that will never be used by me...ever. It's because of those damn 1912ish freaks who never stop yammering about what a great shaver they are. Hah, I know better though.

Was at a flea market recently and surprisingly acquired a few Damaskeene versions in good shape for not much cash. Came with boxes and bladeholders and one box is kinda beat up with no blades. The other box is in very nice shape and there's 5 wrapped Damaskeene blades still in the holder. That set is pretty tasty....ugh, if you like that kinda thing I mean.

Maybe I can use em as bait in a trade sometime with one of them crazy bastards who are deeply hooked into that diabolical cult.
Good luck with that, but you never know!!!

TQ6cxL4.jpg

7LxOyqW.jpg

7slL7Co.jpg

I7FEsv5.jpg

The cute Korean notepads are here as well as the gorgeous Blackland Blackbird.

QYqp9ak.jpg

PHAfdn2.jpg

irPxwlZ.jpg

v98NmIk.jpg

I shaved this am at abt 10 o'clock and the postman came 45' later.
So I should be trying this beauty for the first time ever in a couple of days.

My understanding on the Blackbird is that, for some folks, it is the ultimate daily shaver and at several instances (i.e. different wet shavers) it has put the Wolfman in the 2nd position in those peoples den. But obviously the feedback I get is too minute as a sample size and cannot by any means represent a larger and more general consensus.

I'd love to have it in polished metal, for its admittedly gorgeous looks, but traditionally I've favoured matte finish razors. So I went for the machine finish option, which was in stock.

I shaved this am at abt 10 o'clock and the postman came 45' later.
So I should be trying this beauty for the first time ever in a couple of days.

My understanding on the Blackbird is that, for some folks, it is the ultimate daily shaver and at several instances (i.e. different wet shavers) it has put the Wolfman in the 2nd position in those peoples den. But obviously the feedback I get is too minute as a sample size and cannot by any means represent a larger and more general consensus.

I'd love to have it in polished metal, for its admittedly gorgeous looks, but traditionally I've favoured matte finish razors. So I went for the machine finish option, which was in stock.
Looking forward to hearing what you think when you use it, has the bottom plate been redesigned?

120 ml Adolfo Dominguez Hombre Vetiver, at under £30 from Amazon UK I just couldn't resist this classic, light, soapy essence of Spanish summers and long, lazy evenings in the Canaries.

JohnnyO. o/

I have just received my puck of old English fern by penhelgans from a seller on eBay, NOS not available any more, top drawer soap and I got it at a good price too, happy days!

[QUOTE="Blademonkey, post: 571118, member: 7465"
Just received a NOS puck of Penhaligons English fern, unfortunately no longer available, top drawer soap.
Bought for a reasonable price off the bay. Looking forward to using this.

Back
Top Bottom