Acquisitions 1 July - 31 July, 2016

Received a combo from down-under. A solid-brass Ikon SBS head and polished SS Wolfman WRH1 to match my SB head.
iHO0eXQ.jpg

eA3mtsr.jpg

aZyWRTj.jpg

Not buying much at all nowadays - although I have bought a NOS Gillette Contour (Plus), with a coloured (plastic) handle, from the Bay. Itching to open it to see if it has a date code, if so, what it is and what weight the razor has - not seen one before.

Received these two early American wood-and-metal shaving brushes.
34xjbkw.jpg

The Never-Shed is an earlier version of one that I already have and really like the shape of the handle.
The Kambro is in less good condition but I don't see them that often.
Both were about $10 and I also got these three brushes as 'a bonus' even though I quite frankly don't know what will end up with them; one no-name red-white that seems almost new, one Ever Ready and one Klenzo.
I guess ideally I'll sell them for $10 one day to recoup the cost of the brushes that I wanted.
2afy1xs.jpg

How many wood and metal brushes do you have now, Db? Have you refurbed and/or re-knotted any as yet - or have any intention of so doing? They sure have some lovely shapes.

Ikon Shavecraft X3 slant head just arrived. Interesting look to the bars, with tight (more-15) scalloping one side and looser (fewer-10) on the other; but will there be a noticeable difference between the two when using it? Tomorrow may tell.

Back
Top Bottom