Acquisitions 1 June - 30 June 2016

Two OSP soaps and couple of things from Executive Shaving in Glasgow:

JH70mpY.jpg

XTUzcwJ.jpg

DE/SE razor case.

t65ElZ9.jpg

Baume.Be shaving cream

I test (palm) lathered the Baume cream earlier with my Thaeter 4125/3 and it seems to be a terrific performer. Amazing scent as well. The jar is wonderful, whole package oozes quality.

8jTUC84.jpg

'Natural' shaving cream by ES.

I also tested (palm-lathered) the Natural shaving cream by ES with my Sterling Finest 24/54. This cream was a surprise to me as it lathers explosively and the lather is highly thick and stable. The scent is multi-layered and for the money this appears to be a splendid choice.

As I am sensitive to all shaving creams made at Creightons (post-shave I feel a minor burn in the face). As a result I am always suspicious "...if this or that cream is made there..." (without any intention against the companies which contract to have products designed and manufactured there). I had thought about asking Brian (ES) if their new 'Natural' is made there but I understand he would possibly refrain from saying, which again I can certainly appreciate why.

In any case, I am looking forward shaving and using the cream in order to see if it may possibly give me a minor burn (i.e. to see if my fantasies and crazy suspicions are valid...)

XuOXARW.jpg

And the naughty-coloured D&H military wet pack (leather is never out of fashion or style):

BhYfHAK.jpg

VwYOLnX.jpg

P7NaqIA.jpg

Last edited:
Two OSP soaps and couple of things from Executive Shaving in Glasgow:

JH70mpY.jpg

XTUzcwJ.jpg

DE/SE razor case.

t65ElZ9.jpg

Baume.Be shaving cream

I test (palm) lathered the Baume cream earlier with my Thaeter 4125/3 and it seems to be a terrific performer. Amazing scent as well. The jar is wonderful, whole package oozes quality.

8jTUC84.jpg

'Natural' shaving cream by ES.

I also tested (palm-lathered) the Natural shaving cream by ES with my Sterling Finest 24/54. This cream was a surprise to me as it lathers explosively and the lather is highly thick and stable. The scent is multi-layered and for the money this appears to be a splendid choice.

As I am sensitive to all shaving creams made at Creightons (post-shave I feel a minor burn in the face). As a result I am always suspicious "...if this or that cream is made there..." (without any intention against the companies which contract to have products designed and manufactured there). I had thought about asking Brian (ES) if their new 'Natural' is made there but I understand he would possibly refrain from saying, which again I can certainly appreciate why.

In any case, I am looking forward shaving and using the cream in order to see if it may possibly give me a minor burn (i.e. to see if my fantasies and crazy suspicions are valid...)

XuOXARW.jpg

And the naughty-coloured D&H military wet pack (leather is never out of fashion or style):

BhYfHAK.jpg

VwYOLnX.jpg

P7NaqIA.jpg

Please do make sure to report back on the ES cream, please!

Nishy has posted a lathering technique video. Drowning his puck instead of wetting it is - well, his thing, but he then gets all 'excited' about soapy latheryness and gets like a kid with an open pot of paint. Never do see any on his face, of course.
If it's my face you want Carl, I will send you an advent calendar this Christmas, behind each door a pretty picture of my face lathered, new soap for each day [emoji14] a chocolate too of course. Waterproofed.

Back
Top Bottom