Acquisitions Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2015

Funny in a way that the item I spent the least on this week - about $4 - turned out to be be item I came to enjoy the most.

Received this, to me, pretty unusual Wilkinson Sword Trial razor using the Bonded cartridge system.

20ayu06.jpg

5aqsnc.jpg

2j4d6y9.jpg

Can't recall seeing a model like this before. Granted it was most likely a short lived trial offer but I thought I would have at least spotted one.

The shape is almost like a Personna injector with vents...made out of plastic :)

20151203_183704-1.jpg
Got an opportunity to visit Jermyn St on Thursday and visit the 3 Ts and DR Harris. Could spend quite a while in those shops.

Got the Brush set for my brother in law and picked up the small sandalwood for just £2. Got to say, loved the TOBS sandalwood. Smoothe and the scent was much better to my nose than the T&H sample I had.

Got this Koraat 8/8 1/4 hollow in the post today. Excellent workmanship. Even without honing it shaves the back of my hand from the quality of the grind alone. Sadly I don't think I'll have time to make scales before January but I think this is going to be a favourite!
1.jpg 2.jpg

My wife bought me a Doug Korn brush for Christmas that was part of a lot. She let me have the soaps and AS. I don't get to see the brush until Christmas.
My wife and sister gave everything the smell test. Everything passed except the PAA Déjà Fougère. Both of them said no to that one.
2b2709fa8ca832b3a53fd6ad9cca9118.jpg

Received these rather neat, vintage Muhle shaving brushes
egu9nd.jpg

I initially though that the toy-looking on on the right would be lightweight plastic one but it turns out it's a very solid handle with quite some weight to it.

Some are maked "Made in DDR", some "Made in GDR" and one "Made in Germany"

27zdb87.jpg

As far as I know, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, the GDR and the DDR is essentially the same thing (English vs German) and existed 1949-1990 so that gives at least a rough date range.

The knots don't look half bad and for $22 for the lot it seemed like a fair deal.

My wife bought me a Doug Korn brush for Christmas that was part of a lot. She let me have the soaps and AS. I don't get to see the brush until Christmas.
My wife and sister gave everything the smell test. Everything passed except the PAA Déjà Fougère. Both of them said no to that one.
2b2709fa8ca832b3a53fd6ad9cca9118.jpg

The Drunken goat is a weird one? I didn't mind it but the wife didn't like it much. Then again she doesn't eat chocolate anymore so could be why? Good lather and performer none the less.

This lovely razor actually arrived on Tuesday and I have been using it since then, only got round to photographing it today. It comes courtesy of another forum member. It is an English Gillette slim handle Tech, in very good condition. I've also really enjoyed shaving with it, so much so that I'm going to delay going to the next razor on my rotation (I have several I need to try out) for another week! :D

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally scored a Wilkinson Flip Top - and a nice one at that! :D
The flip-button under the head works very well and the head springs open without any hesitation. No scratches/dings on the handle/head. Happy, happy.

I've never actually held one and for some reason I thought it was going to be a bit 'flimsy'/lightweight but it is anything but.
The weight and feel reminds me quite a bit about the Wilkinson Sticky.

n2h01u.jpg

14ppgj.jpg

In the small lot there was also a Wilkinson Sticky and even though I already have 2-3 of them this turned out to be my first grey bottomed one (the dark blue bottom/logo was for the US market and the grey one for the European market and rumored to be even milder).
aemzxc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom