Acquisitions Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2015

459e745c8afc5f5378b01119603fb175.jpg

Shavemac Silvertip 2 band (23x50 fan), de la segunda conjunta de Teiste.

cd77b66c8ee95b933f0a676ca5ce02b0.jpg

Shavemac Silvertip 2 band (23x52 bulb).

63f6bd86d749c9ba9347da54428e6bde.jpg

acquisitions1.jpg

A Gillette 7 O'Clock Razor in Tin Case - Scrubbed up well and came with a still sealed pack of the original blades.
Leresche Razor - Not sure of the model but 99% sure that's not it's original case.
Personna Double II - I've got a nice NOS case which I don't want to open so these are to satisfy curiosity and try out.

View attachment 15836

A Gillette 7 O'Clock Razor in Tin Case - Scrubbed up well and came with a still sealed pack of the original blades.
Leresche Razor - Not sure of the model but 99% sure that's not it's original case.
Personna Double II - I've got a nice NOS case which I don't want to open so these are to satisfy curiosity and try out.

Got some 7 o'clock razor in same box. Great find!

There's something really nice about 7 O'Clock razors.
As an aside, did you know that 7 O'Clock was a trademark of AutoStrop (you know, Valet) prior to Valets and some decades before 7 O'Clock the company?

I've just seen your SOTD with it. Interesting looking piece.

Got some 7 o'clock razor in same box. Great find!

They're nice razors, shave well and have great looking tins that don't go for much money. No brainer IMO.

Received another vintage, American shaving brush in fixer-upper condition.
This one was $7 which seems to be the rough price give or take $5 for these types of brushes.

Now, I know that these types of brushes is not everyone's cup of tea (or brush for that matter) but personally I really like them - and they are all different in some way.
These guys have some personality :)

The brush I received is a Sta-Fast:
2e1xi8n.jpg

Here's my small but treasured collection of these vintage gems :)

From left to right:Sta-fast, Never-Shed, No-name (metal part in mid-section), Rubberset, Heldtite and Rubberset
s5imo2.jpg

Received another vintage, American shaving brush in fixer-upper condition.
This one was $7 which seems to be the rough price give or take $5 for these types of brushes.

Now, I know that these types of brushes is not everyone's cup of tea (or brush for that matter) but personally I really like them - and they are all different in some way.
These guys have some personality :)

The brush I received is a Sta-Fast:
2e1xi8n.jpg

Here's my small but treasured collection of these vintage gems :)

From left to right:Sta-fast, Never-Shed, No-name (metal part in mid-section), Rubberset, Heldtite and Rubberset
s5imo2.jpg
I like them a lot, I got a NOS Fuller brush which works very nicely, but the handle isn't as striking as this.

From the back they are indistinguishable from a British boy band.

When do you start to replace the knots and bring them back to a usable state?

I'm thinking Harry Styles is the one on the far right.....

Dunno....sometime in 2016... Will be really interesting to see them brought back to life. I'm still debating if I want to keep the original boar-knot-look or go all posh with some badgers.

Back
Top Bottom