Acquisitions Mon 13 - Sun 19 April

Selection of brush handles from ebay the seller stated "These items are hard to date but were part of the inventory we acquired whilst owning the Coate's branded pre-Vulfix Simpsons products" the only one thats branded is the made expressly for Hoffritz Milk Churn other handles i recognise are a tulip, classic and the major...

20150411_151823_zpsd6uxj0az.jpg
20150411_151830_zpslotsy3hk.jpg
20150411_151833_zpsvwyajj6z.jpg

Dave.B said:
Selection of brush handles from ebay the seller stated "These items are hard to date but were part of the inventory we acquired whilst owning the Coate's branded pre-Vulfix Simpsons products" the only one thats branded is the made expressly for Hoffritz Milk Churn other handles i recognise are a tulip, classic and the major...

20150411_151823_zpsd6uxj0az.jpg
20150411_151830_zpslotsy3hk.jpg
20150411_151833_zpsvwyajj6z.jpg

It's my understanding that during that era a lot of prototypes were made, most of which never actually saw the light as production models. Anyway, you seem to have acquired a few of those, so congrats on that! Pair them with some nice knots and you'll have some very nice brushes.

Picked up a cheapo paddle strop from the bay of flea. Thought it'd be a good idea to test out a cheapy to decide whether not to buy a Strop-it in the future.

Not sure if I like them or not, but it certainly puts a good edge on the Bengall (it's a 5/8 to give the picture some perspective).

The two best bargains I've had in a while ->

Guerlain Habit Rouge Gift Set
100ml EDT
50ml Deoderant
50ml Showergel

€42 (circa £30)

Guerlain l'instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Gift Set
125ml EDT
50ml Deoderant
50ml Showergel

€42 (circa £30)

Both were sitting on the bottom shelf behind the perfume counter in a local department store.

Received two razors from my now somewhat shrinking 'waiting on'-list.

1) A STAR DE razor in gold
30n7zb5.jpg

21j4twi.jpg

For some inexplicable reason I was also sent the tray (soap dish maybe?) that the razor was photographed on.
Not sure what to do with that...I guess it'll be one of those things that I'll find in a box years from now and wonder "Where in the world does this come from?"
ie3rs3.jpg

2) A Le Touriste No. 2 SE razor
I was childishly excited about being able to pick up this razor in such a great condition and let me tell you - it did not disappoint when it arrived. It is truly beautiful.

2mxg4qr.jpg

It has just such a beautiful and simple way of securing the blade.
I have yet to figure out if I can use a modern blade in it but I must admit I'm tempted to try and get these old blades honed and put to use - I mean it came with the original strop handle ;)
2z4eiix.jpg

The Le Touriste is just so visually and functionally appealing to me due to it's simple design.
jil6w0.jpg

It comes apart like this btw;
et6u6s.jpg

The La Touriste always struck me as the inspiration behind the Schick injector - if you look at how it clicks together, those two parts are the very two parts which form the injector head and serve the self-same purposes.

Real nice catch, there!

RogeR & Gallet L'Homme shaving bowl and soap, plus refill ... oh and another refill, all sealed. I reckon I've about 30 years of soaps and creams, so I might stick a refill on BST. Also bought Dr Selby from TVBshaving and two cheap plastic 7 o'clock razors, 'cos I wanted the Diamond blade - my daughter says the razor looks like Lego.

Geofnay said:
RogeR & Gallet L'Homme shaving bowl and soap, plus refill ... oh and another refill, all sealed. I reckon I've about 30 years of soaps and creams, so I might stick a refill on BST. Also bought Dr Selby from TVBshaving and two cheap plastic 7 o'clock razors, 'cos I wanted the Diamond blade - my daughter says the razor looks like Lego.
Congrats Geofnay I thought those were sailing under the radar.

Back
Top Bottom