Acquisitions Mon 2nd - Sun 8th May incl.

I went to Bath yesterday with the missus and her parents, a lovely day out.
I went into a lovely shop called L'Occitane, very good selection of afterShave balms but very pricey, also had shaving cream and soaps but I have plenty of those and opted for the 'Refreshing Face Splash'
Used it last night, its lovely. :)
aq001.jpg

^^^^That was quick, better than shaver grade.

Some "Clippercide" good for razors too.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290537072836&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_765wt_1288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 765wt_1288</a><!-- m -->

antdad said:
^^^^That was quick, better than shaver grade.

It does have a bit of brassing, certainly acceptable though, and the case is in nice condition. I'm quite happy - and lucky to have stumbled upon someone selling one.

Oh, got a Streamline too:
5682242904_871fcfe54e_b.jpg

You blokes on the other side of the pond made some fine razors :)

Decided to go for a walk yesterday with an eye on trying - and buying - some of the higher end scents available today. So, got off the tube at Oxford Circus and walked down Oxford Street popping into House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis and onto Selfridges. No satisfied, crossed Hyde Park heading for Knightsbridge where I thought it would be rude not to step into Harrods. From there headed for the King's Road - on the way trying to locate the L'Artisan Perfumeur boutique on Chelsea Green, which seems to have moved on - where I noticed for the first time that Penhaligons have a boutique, don't know how long it's been there but really wish I hadn't found it as it's just a couple hundred yards from my bank :roll:

After sniffing countless pieces of card from the likes of the aforementioned Penhaligons, Chanel, Guerlain, Floris and most of the other great perfume houses, really liking, and putting on my must have lists Penhaligons' Blenheim Bouquet EdT, Chanel's Bois des Iles Edt and one or two others that I'll be getting samples of first. I ended up with two things.

An almighty headache which I can only put down to an olfactory overload :( and a bottle of Creed's Green Irish Tweed, which, when I first caught a whiff of, just sent me to a place that I haven't been too in a loooong time. A truly peaceful feeling comes over me every time I smell it's fragrance. Stunning.

Today in the post from Germany a 15ml bottle of Knize Ten Edt. What a contrast to the GIT. Feels like I've been punched in the face by Tyson. Love it :lol:

So, if I manage to get tickets to the big match on Sunday I know which scent I'll be wearing.

KTBFFH!!!

This arrived today:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130510576936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156</a><!-- m -->

Its in super nick! Looking forward to the shaves.

/Max

Proudfoot said:
Decided to go for a walk yesterday with an eye on trying - and buying - some of the higher end scents available today. So, got off the tube at Oxford Circus and walked down Oxford Street popping into House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis and onto Selfridges. No satisfied, crossed Hyde Park heading for Knightsbridge where I thought it would be rude not to step into Harrods. From there headed for the King's Road - on the way trying to locate the L'Artisan Perfumeur boutique on Chelsea Green, which seems to have moved on - where I noticed for the first time that Penhaligons have a boutique, don't know how long it's been there but really wish I hadn't found it as it's just a couple hundred yards from my bank :roll:

After sniffing countless pieces of card from the likes of the aforementioned Penhaligons, Chanel, Guerlain, Floris and most of the other great perfume houses, really liking, and putting on my must have lists Penhaligons' Blenheim Bouquet EdT, Chanel's Bois des Iles Edt and one or two others that I'll be getting samples of first. I ended up with two things.

An almighty headache which I can only put down to an olfactory overload :( and a bottle of Creed's Green Irish Tweed, which, when I first caught a whiff of, just sent me to a place that I haven't been too in a loooong time. A truly peaceful feeling comes over me every time I smell it's fragrance. Stunning.

Today in the post from Germany a 15ml bottle of Knize Ten Edt. What a contrast to the GIT. Feels like I've been punched in the face by Tyson. Love it :lol:

So, if I manage to get tickets to the big match on Sunday I know which scent I'll be wearing.

KTBFFH!!!

I think this has moved to Covent Garden, just around the corner from the Transport Museum.

RB73 said:
Proudfoot said:

KTBFFH!!!

I think this has moved to Covent Garden, just around the corner from the Transport Museum.

A big thank you for the info :D though the bank manager might think otherwise :lol:

I wasn't at my office yesterday and found the following items (not displayed on funny looking tablecloth :roll: )

Cased Milord in excellent shape. Some minor laquer loss on the edge of the silo doors, but that's it. The case smells of old people though :lol:
milord-1.jpg

milord-2.jpg

An E2 Fatboy that needs some cleaning and polishing but is in very good shape, no brassing or plating issues. Some of the numbers are missing though.
fatboy-e2-1.jpg

fatboy-e2-2.jpg

Marcel said:
moodymick said:
Marcel said:
An E2 Fatboy that needs some cleaning and polishing but is in very good shape, no brassing or plating issues. Some of the numbers are missing though.

Speak to Sunbury Steve, I'm sure he will sell you some numbers. ;)
:oops: :D
Was talking about the paint on the numbers of course

He has those too... quite hard to fit them though.

Back
Top Bottom