Acquisitions Monday 25th Feb to Sunday 3rd March

He's also got a fabulous vintage Merkur Progress with big red numbers on it - love the look of that thing!

P.S. feeling a bit 'Edge'y tonight, John?

Al H said:
Bin the wilky and keep the bowl

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty poor. I was planning on mixing it with a palmolive stick to improve it.

Don't talk to him, he won't tell us where he gets these lovely razors from
Oversaturn is the luckiest man alive with Heckels I tried to find out using a spy satellite followed him for weeks I did but he slipped off the radar

It must be a good source if he's guarding it so vehemently!

Gairdner said:
He's also got a fabulous vintage Merkur Progress with big red numbers on it - love the look of that thing!

P.S. feeling a bit 'Edge'y tonight, John?

LOL you spotted that, yes if I get the chance I'll be playing with my guitar,tomorrow
people want to know what's under his hat and I've seen a picture :icon_eek: there is a................................................bald head :s

mulligano said:
Al H said:
Bin the wilky and keep the bowl

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty poor. I was planning on mixing it with a palmolive stick to improve it.

Don't talk to him, he won't tell us where he gets these lovely razors from
Oversaturn is the luckiest man alive with Heckels I tried to find out using a spy satellite followed him for weeks I did but he slipped off the radar

It must be a good source if he's guarding it so vehemently!

So it would appear,I wish him all the best ,with his mint vintage razors that he keeps taunting us with :angel:

Superdrug: Sierran Breeze ASL - very nice

Boots: Freshwood ASL - Not sure about this one yet!

Cross: Century Classic 10kt rolled gold propelling pencil - Exquisite!

P

Today my NkdMan order arrived.

So I'm the proud new owner of:

Merkur 34c HD razor
T&H West Indian Limes shaving Cream
TOBS St James Collection Shaving Cream
TOBS Jermyn Street shaving Cream
T&H No10 Aftershave Cologne Balm

Bravepants said:

P

I normally use Boots Freshwood Balm, and I love it, but Sunday got myself the Sierran Breeze ASL too, and it's my first splash. Used it tonight, and it smells and feels great too.

SmallBeard said:
Bravepants said:

P

I normally use Boots Freshwood Balm, and I love it, but Sunday got myself the Sierran Breeze ASL too, and it's my first splash. Used it tonight, and it smells and feels great too.

Get some
old_spice_logo.jpg

Go on, you know you want to....;)

Had some Speick products delivered today. I ordered direct from Germany from this place : http://www.violey.com/en/speick_m_162.html?filter_id=50 delivery isn't cheap but if you make a decent order up you can save quite a bit on uk prices. I ordered on the 21st delivered on the 27th very pleased :icon_razz:

Brian

4 of these:
ingram-menthol-shave-cream.jpg

Worryingly, SWMBO couldn't get any in Superdrug but found it nearer her work in a smaller Lloyds pharmacy. I think I'll embark on a 4 or 5 per month purchasing strategy to ensure I have lots and lots.

Also, courtesy of the Mighty Marvin and his Magical Monkeys:
8511683811_a61fe9f5f4.jpg

A circa 1960's vintage Old Spice ASL bottle full of wonderful smelling juice. This isn't the actual bottle but it's exactly like it. Big smiles when this landed! Thanks, Martin! :d

Graeme :D

Gairdner said:
SmallBeard said:
Bravepants said:

P

Get some
old_spice_logo.jpg

Go on, you know you want to....;)

Heh, I do indeed, and I will do, honest :D.

I bought it on a whim really, I needed a new AS as the fresh wood is running low, and I was with SWMBO and she doesn't appreciate it when I take ages wandering around the shop looking at different things, so I saw that, grabbed it and paid.

Old Spice is next on the list :angel:

Gairdner said:
4 of these:
ingram-menthol-shave-cream.jpg

Worryingly, SWMBO couldn't get any in Superdrug but found it nearer her work in a smaller Lloyds pharmacy. I think I'll embark on a 4 or 5 per month purchasing strategy to ensure I have lots and lots.

Also, courtesy of the Mighty Marvin and his Magical Monkeys:
8511683811_a61fe9f5f4.jpg

A circa 1960's vintage Old Spice ASL bottle full of wonderful smelling juice. This isn't the actual bottle but it's exactly like it. Big smiles when this landed! Thanks, Martin! :d

Graeme :D

That's worrying with the ingrams. Hopefully they restock it. I found a hair wax/putty in there, for 99p that I loved, and wish I'd stocked up on it as they stopped selling it a week after I found it :(.

The old spice looks great though, and I'm sure it smells it too :D

A few bits arrived yesterday, but I didn't get to post last night.

A few blades courtesy of NotTheStig

IMG_0518_zps549636d6.jpg

And my Gillette New head has returned from Dave @ restored razors, which has now been coupled to my iKon Bulldog handle.

@Jamies, Many Thanks for sending me the head in the first place, it looks a bit nicer now.

IMG_0517_zps28977882.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsd37be339.jpg

Lose the beard said:
And my Gillette New head has returned from Dave @ restored razors, which has now been coupled to my iKon Bulldog handle.

@Jamies, Many Thanks for sending me the head in the first place, it looks a bit nicer now.

You're very welcome mate, that looks brilliant. Dave is a legend.

Browsing in Wilkinson's this lunchtime and surprised that the Laser Platinums have been replaced with Laser Ultra. Green and blue now not blue with a little red. Checked the back and they are made in India. From memory and my own blade review sheet the couple I tried were pretty good. Not in the top ten of all time but good enough for 40p for 5.
Looking forward to giving them a run

Back
Top Bottom