Acquisitions Monday 25th Feb to Sunday 3rd March

monkeytennis said:
They are a lovelly razor. Great close shave. Need to try a feather SE blade in mine, but need to work out which bits to cut to make it fit! (I mean on the blade not the razor btw)
You don't need to cut anything off the Feather - just prise the spine off a Gem and then pust it firmly onto the Feather - it will be just a little bit bigger but will still pit within the two lugs that hold the blade edge.

My method of removing the spine is to hold the Gem blade in a vise, then use a small electricians screwwdriver to prise the spine off - they are not welded. Then put the Feather in the vise and gently tap the spine into place.

Although I only ordered them yesterday, so haven't actually acquired them yet, I'm getting three Sir Irisch Moos shave sticks and De Vergulde Hand shaving soap stick, all from the Netherlands. I hear that the IM is discontinued but is made by the Tabac people so hopefully the stick is pretty much the same but this time with a smell I love. I bought the De Vergulde becuase it was cheap and I heard it was very good (with smell described as both "exotic" and "barbershop", which sounds paradoxically intriguing).

Have just won an Ever Ready Ambassador set on the bay of flea.

Basically it's a Streamline in a red case.

Pics when it arrives. Just hope it's in 'as new' condition as the seller states.

Some E-shave after-shave soother received today.
I got the fragrance-free version as I prefer to add cologne of my choice when I've finished the whole shaving process.
Be trying it out in a minute or two.

took delivery of what look to be 2 never used brushes from the bay i honestly thought i'd have to pay more than i did for them..not sure if its a badger/bristle mix knot but they are resonably dense and soft just need to convince myself to use one of them...
4b284985-101a-4b9e-8042-0b8ef1499d59_zps561047c6.jpg
7f0cff10-902a-44ef-b716-56d6a02648be_zps0dd3bece.jpg

0a97a47d-0219-4139-9106-092fba23ba0d_zps72544059.jpg

Dave.B said:
took delivery of what look to be 2 never used brushes from the bay i honestly thought i'd have to pay more than i did for them..not sure if its a badger/bristle mix knot but they are resonably dense and soft just need to convince myself to use one of them...

The handles are lovely. Interested to see how the knot does.

NotTheStig said:
You a fan of the Ultras? Tried one today. Decent but not outstanding; 5 o'clock shadow at 1pm

I don't mind them for one shave. I won't attempt a 2nd shave with a cheap cheap blade, not worth the hassle

Much better than the normal ultra, as good as a lord, trig or supermarket persona.

40p for 5 not bad.

Will try one in the hd34c tomorrow

Few bits and bobs this week.
Irish Moos Shave Cream
Vintage Mod Shave Cream
100 yellows
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Shave Cream
Fat Handle Tech.
Did I need it no.Did want it you bet.

After getting on so well with my futur i got last year i decided to get another modern razor so settled on a EJ89 mainly as this has faired well with others also another unused shaving brush i love the care instructions on the back..

8e81d169-566c-43da-8ca3-de64da503220_zps098d47df.jpg
fddb352a-2a36-4dd7-ba7d-bb2baf7de484_zps113a9d01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom