Acquisitions - November 2022

F2 Fatboy at the flea market this morning for $5. I'll see how well it cleans up and how pitted it is but it adjusts all as it's supposed to so not bad for a user grade Fatboy. They're still out there.
View attachment 96401View attachment 96402View attachment 96403
Literally just about 15 minutes with a dremel and a little Wendol paste. Wasn't going for prestine/showroom. Just a $5 user grade Fatboy with minimal attention has it user ready for me. I had one before that I had Rhodium plated but got rid of it. The Fatboy isn't a favorite for me but I wanted one in the collection.
IMG_20221126_155148760.jpgIMG_20221126_155159787.jpgIMG_20221126_155227937.jpg

Last edited:
Oumo 03 Venus SHD Badger Resin Handle Shaving Brush, Kaleidoscope Color - 26mm FAN
40zcLKy.jpg

Hi mate - thus far, a sweeter, more rounded cup.

Are you finding any differences?

Chris
C. - Much the same as you - sweeter, very clean but not lacking body - it still has the mouth-feel I enjoy. Nice trick. I'm waiting on new scales/timer arriving so I've been limited to bloom by eye, then immersion method at the moment. Proper fannying about pour-over needs accurate timing for me. I have a method and try to stick to it. I have ended up with a grind that is finer than I might have predicted but it works for me. It really holds the heat well - that's impressive. I have only used the Stagg thus far for single cups into the matching tasting glasses but happily it fits perfectly onto my Hario decanter as well so I can go for bigger volumes when the digital scales arrive. The dedicated vacuum flask by Fellow is a beautiful object but I couldn't justify the cost. Have you seen any of the videos on YouTube by James Hoffman? Worth a look. I've been making coffee quite happily for years but have tried, and now adopted his pour-over and Moka pot techniques - the coffee became twice as good with the same equipment as soon as I dialled them in, which wasn't hard. See what you think? I'll stick a link below. Cheers - I.

C. - Much the same as you - sweeter, very clean but not lacking body - it still has the mouth-feel I enjoy. Nice trick. I'm waiting on new scales/timer arriving so I've been limited to bloom by eye, then immersion method at the moment. Proper fannying about pour-over needs accurate timing for me. I have a method and try to stick to it. I have ended up with a grind that is finer than I might have predicted but it works for me. It really holds the heat well - that's impressive. I have only used the Stagg thus far for single cups into the matching tasting glasses but happily it fits perfectly onto my Hario decanter as well so I can go for bigger volumes when the digital scales arrive. The dedicated vacuum flask by Fellow is a beautiful object but I couldn't justify the cost. Have you seen any of the videos on YouTube by James Hoffman? Worth a look. I've been making coffee quite happily for years but have tried, and now adopted his pour-over and Moka pot techniques - the coffee became twice as good with the same equipment as soon as I dialled them in, which wasn't hard. See what you think? I'll stick a link below. Cheers - I.

Hi, Been a fan of Hoffman for years; if you are looking for a present from Santa and need to drop some hints I recommend giving the Puck Puck a try! It's easier if you have an aeropress!

I bough this Gillette Treo for the grand sum of one whole dollar!! It has the same replaceable head as the Gillette Guard which I have placed beside it for perspective:

Vx9UtY5.jpg
Very nice indeed, I really like the Gillette Guard, a cheap but very efficient single blade razor that will shave as well as razors costing many hundreds of dollars / pounds more!

Paul.

I bough this Gillette Treo for the grand sum of one whole dollar!! It has the same replaceable head as the Gillette Guard which I have placed beside it for perspective:

Vx9UtY5.jpg
This had me curious when I saw it and so I have 1 coming now from the Bay with 8 heads for $2 and $5 shipping so under $1 each. I WIN......maybe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom