Acquisitions - November 2022

View attachment 96275Just arrived in record time, the Yaqi/Master Soap Creations Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey Soap dupe. It’s absolutely lovely, a very close clone to the original soap with a slightly more natural, fresh and zestiness to it. Wish I’d got the splash too now! MSC have managed to reacreate the scents of my youth with this and their JPG Le Male soap.

When a shaving soap/aftershave recreates a classic, sometimes I'm able to work out what they based their product on but this Yaqi product has me stumped.

:unsure:

Got this beauty on the way to me, bought in the 11.11 sale as I needed an inexpensive handle for a spare head I found in the drawer of shame.

Gr5 Titanium handle, Karve style. 92mm, 53grams. :love:

kvt.jpg

View attachment 96309A dear friend noticed my interest in wet shaving, a "Twinplex Stropper" was a gift from him, he is 70 and it belonged to his father. Not sure of the Era of manufacturing. It is in fine operational order and looking forward to trying it with one of today's blades.

With modern stainless blades it will probably just remove the coating from the blade and make it unpleasant to shave with, but I would like to know how it works out for you, update us on the results please! (y)

Nowt special but I suppose it is for me as I love it:

View attachment 96321

Four 100g cakes of Cyril R Salter shaving soap at £3.45 each from The Traditional Shaving Co. I note the price has increased to five quid.
Cyril Salter solid shaving soap is a bit of a sleeper, it punches well above it's price point!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom