Acquisitions - November 2022

It's been a great day for deliveries. Firstly, my Highlander Brushes from @gile have arrived. They are stunning. I've never truly clicked with the Simpson's synthetics but I love the CH2 handle so I now have two beautiful chubby style handles with a Cashmere and SynBad in. Thank you G - I'm made up with them.

20221118_192726.jpg

Also my Yaqi brass TFC. Appears to be a very well made razor on first inspection.

20221118_192941.jpg

It's been a great day for deliveries. Firstly, my Highlander Brushes from @gile have arrived. They are stunning. I've never truly clicked with the Simpson's synthetics but I love the CH2 handle so I now have two beautiful chubby style handles with a Cashmere and SynBad in. Thank you G - I'm made up with them.

View attachment 96450

Also my Yaqi brass TFC. Appears to be a very well made razor on first inspection.

View attachment 96449

Lovely stuff. What are the dimensions of the knots of the brushes? I presume it's a Cashmere, a badger and 2 Synbads?

my Highlander Brushes from @gile have arrived.
C. - Wouldn't be my knot choices - each to their own - but the handles are fantastic looking. I'm intrigued by the orange/black badger 'barrel' - is it comfortable to hold? That might be the perfect face-lathering brush for the fancier of the smaller knot. As I am. - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Heritage Collection CMON 77-6 Black & Butterscotch 28mm Badger Shaving Brush

q11Seeh.png

Fair play - It's a beautiful object - in an industrial sort of way. At the price you would have thought they would have considered these things properly. Upper-end coffee espresso machines seem to be like cameras - I have experience of the latter not the former - you have to spend an awful lot of money to take back total control of the process. Thankfully, I have no aspirations to home espresso making - there be dragons, there will be madness on that path. Beware traveller! I'm happy with a humble Moka pot first thing then pour-over thereafter in the day. So far. :)

cheers - I.
@Digimonkey Hi - would love to hear how you find the Stagg [XF] - taking this back to shaving - shave or coffee first? Chris

@Digimonkey Hi - would love to hear how you find the Stagg [XF] - taking this back to shaving - shave or coffee first? Chris
Hello mate - good to hear from you - to answer your question. Coffee first. No danger. Of course! I'll use the Stagg for a bit and I'll find somewhere appropriate to let you know how it goes. I use a Hario V60 for pour-over at the moment. The XF isn't necessarily intended to replace it but is an option. You can do a sort of hybrid pour-over/immersion technique due to the filter collar being big enough to make a whole cup of coffee in one go. The stand-out design feature, is that the unit is double-walled and therefore holds water temperature much better than any other dripper system. I've made a couple of brews and immediately you notice an intensely clean cup and an apparent heightened sweetness. I make my coffee by ratio so I'll need to fanny around with the grind to get the best out of it. All part of the fun of course. Cheers - I.

Hello mate - good to hear from you - to answer your question. Coffee first. No danger. Of course! I'll use the Stagg for a bit and I'll find somewhere appropriate to let you know how it goes. I use a Hario V60 for pour-over at the moment. The XF isn't necessarily intended to replace it but is an option. You can do a sort of hybrid pour-over/immersion technique due to the filter collar being big enough to make a whole cup of coffee in one go. The stand-out design feature, is that the unit is double-walled and therefore holds water temperature much better than any other dripper system. I've made a couple of brews and immediately you notice an intensely clean cup and an apparent heightened sweetness. I make my coffee by ratio so I'll need to fanny around with the grind to get the best out of it. All part of the fun of course. Cheers - I.
Hi Mate, I've been distratacted by family matters over the summer - sadly we lost Dad in July and Mum has serious brain injury, which is degenerative. Hoping to get back to posting more frequently; I love the V60 and Aeropress - had a little extra cash in the bank when I checked this morning and went and ordered a XF - like you this is to add to the options not to replace. Hope all is well, Chris

Hi Mate, I've been distratacted by family matters over the summer - sadly we lost Dad in July and Mum has serious brain injury, which is degenerative. Hoping to get back to posting more frequently; I love the V60 and Aeropress - had a little extra cash in the bank when I checked this morning and went and ordered a XF - like you this is to add to the options not to replace. Hope all is well, Chris
I'm sorry to hear that , a testing time for your family. Welcome back though. I think we might meed a 'pour-over' thread.:) Yours - I.

I am also pleased to see you back posting Chris and I echo what @Digimonkey & @hotmetal have already said regarding your family matters, a testing time indeed, very sorry to hear.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom