Acquisitions - week Mar. 14th to Mar. 20th incl.

over5feet said:
sunburyboy93 said:
dodgy said:
[quote="sunburyboy93]

I do like a nice vintage one though. May get this one reknotted, depends what condition it's in when it arrives from USA
:D

What's doin Steve,

There's an old Ever Ready badger in my rotation, and although the knot is small, that little brush does a nice job. Took 8-10 times before it bloomed, and it's still probably only an 18mm or so. The brush also has a nice deep butterscotch color to the handle. Definitely give yours some use when it gets there.....might be magical.

Martin

Here's a pic of mine:

Very very nice (if you ever fancy selling that bad boy, knock on my door first :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Knock on your door.... What about you knocking on mine 1st no lady razor then no Mergress what am I off the friends and family steve...... :lol:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

:oops: :oops: :oops: come on, i have now sorted you a Blue Gillette Lady ;) :D

i am doing by bit for you :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)

Took an opportunity to complete the Acca Kappa range, After Shave Gel, Moisturiser, cream, Cologne and Deorarant, I like the 1869 scent a lot and pleasingly everything has that same scent apart from the cream, which has more of a Cella/P160 Almond type scent but much lighter, kind of between a for soap and a soft cream. Nice smell but odd that is is not the 1869 scent.

Still the scent is not off putting and I look forward to seeing how it shaves compared to the Acca Kappa hard soap.

AccaKappaRange01.jpg

An Edwin Jagger DE87 from Amazon (couldn't resist). I noticed that the razor I received doesn't have the Edwin Jagger name imprinted around the collar, anybody else's lacking the name? It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious as to why.

edwin-jagger-de87__41671_zoom.jpg

Ballistol spray (50 ml)

ballistol_industrie.jpg

Yellow Jim said:
An Edwin Jagger DE87 from Amazon (couldn't resist). I noticed that the razor I received doesn't have the Edwin Jagger name imprinted around the collar, anybody else's lacking the name? It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious as to why.

edwin-jagger-de87__41671_zoom.jpg

Oh... is that one of those Edward Jogger razors I've seen on t'bay James? :shock:

;)

I got myself a Tubby 1 from Fido yesterday. Should be here today!

I was contemplating trying simpsons 2 band hair in a brush but then thought let's see the new forest blog, and there were some Tubby 1's :)

Oh today has been a good day, got home from work with a sorry we missed you slip on the floor.

Picked up the slip left my bag in the hallway and took the 30 minute walk to the Post Office, to my delight there where two parcels awaiting me.

Firstly my deepest thanks to Frenchblade. Your a gentleman sir.

and so onto what I got today.

A Gillette superspeed and a slim adjusable. some sample creams and sample blades and some Monsavon hard soap that I am very curious to try.

The second parcel was from the shaving shack and contained.

Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Citrus)
The Bluebeards Revenge Luxury Shaving Cream
The Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm
Merkur Plastic Travel Case (for my Merkur 34c HD)
The Bluebeards Revenge "Doubloon" Bristle Shaving Brush (it was free with the Bluebeards cream).

I was very excited to get a chance to look and feel both razors, can I say to hold both feel amazing and the slim is a wonderful bit of engineering!

The Bluebeards was something my wife picked for me as the packaging and description caught her eye, not sure on the brush its a bit hard but it was free and I will at least give it a go. The smell iis very pleasent.

The Cyril cream smells good enough to eat and suspect it will be a summer favorite when the summer arrives. ;)

This gives me in total a wonderful rotation in razors/blades and creams/soaps and balms.

The only tough thing will be what to use tomorrow morning! :lol:

A couple of moisturizers, few hours ago at the Oslo Airport Duty Free.

The Sisley one is supposed to be a new release, organic (more natural than the Henriksen one) and pretty expensive.
I thought she was kind of promoting it, was between this one and the Shisheido anti-wrinkle one (black container), but as the Sisley is pretty light and can be used for summer as well I finally went for it on the 50ml travel size version (the 125 ml dispenser was a glass one and cost about 115 quid...)

The Henriksen has a lovely smell, is a tad heavier on application (but still not very 'heavy', is for sensitive skin, can be used all day long and cost about 35 quid if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 62
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom