Advice needed for relatively new DE razor.

craig11 said:
Hi, I been shaving for about two years now over that time I've struggled with electronic shavers, cartridge shavers, shaving foams, creams, moisturisers etc...
I recently thought I'd give the a DE razor a try and from that point on I've been converted. I bought a cheap razor from boots and some used some previously bought shaving cream from the shop called Lush along with a body shop shaving brush.

This is my usual routine
1. Wash the skin with a cleanser
2. Warm the skin and hair with warm water
3. Apply the shaving cream with the brush
4. shave (3 passes)
5. Rinse with warm water then moisturise and get in the shower

I don't get a close shave under and on my chin. If I try to get a really close shave my skin feels puffy and dull making my neck look fat and like i have a double chin, My cheeks also feel like this but not as bad. Would applying some alovera gel help this?

I'd like some advice on what I can do to get a better shave and what products would best suit my skin and what ingredients to avoid. Also I have a budget of £100 to buy equipment and supplies and would like some experienced heads to tell me what would be the best way to spend this money taking into account my sensitive skin.

I've seen that DE razors vary in price alot and would like to know whats better about the more expensive ones and are they worth the money.

Hope you can help
Many thanks :)

Shower

Shave

Rince with cold water. Not warm. And plenty of it.

And enjoy it. If you arent enjoying it, you are doing it wrong

Thanks a lot everyone, it's good to get reassurance that my shave will improve in the future. I've already bought some Palmolive for themean time and have ordered some products from Taylor.

Many Thanks

Back
Top Bottom