Advice on Nanny's

soapalchemist said:
I'm guessing Pavlovsdog has some of the hard soap, so I don't think a spatula would work with that. Even my 'hard' shaving soap is softer than most other hard soaps, so it probably won't stand up to as much soaking; however, being softer, I would expect there would be less need to soak.
For the soft soap taking a lump out and smearing it on the face and then face lathering sounds like a good way to use it.

That's right, it's the hard soap. My problem was I treated it like MWF (the only other hard soap I have used) but as you say, it isn't as hard as that. To make matters worse, as I was off work today, I had a long bath rather than a quick shower, so it was soaking for even longer than I'd soak the MWF - hence the 'glueyness'.

Just for clarity, when I asked about spatulas, I wasn't thinking of that in terms of this soap. I was looking to get one for my creams. I usually just use a finger, but I often find the some of the cream sticks to my finger and I end up washing it off - which is a bit wasteful.

eneville said:
Arrowhead said:
Bowl or face, by the way?

Bowl, well, used to have a proper shaving mug, don't have that any more though.

- Ed

Well, if you make the lather on the dry side in the first place then add water a little at a time, that's a failsafe way to get it just as you want it. That's my method, and I aim for a glossy look to the lather - that's when it seems to be at its most slippery.

Back
Top Bottom