Am I expecting too much?

Right, but you've been shaving this way a wee bit longer than the original poster. He's at the start, only just got the training wheels off.

Consistent approach using consistent equipment is required or he won't know what contributed to a good (or bad) shave: blind luck, equipment or technique.

The 30 day rule sounds similar to what I was thining about earlier this week. This is simply because I have used 4 different razors this week. I generally rotate blades and razors each week or so - I only have 3 DE razors and 1 cartridge razor. But it is the settling down to 1 razor and 1 blade brand for a while in order to work on technique which is something I need to do.

I have experienced the same, tried quite some blades already, where two de blades I bought in China and one blade where I started with Derby, but now I use Astra and Shark, while I find Astra and Shark sharper and smoother, I still got good shaves with the other blades, so I didnt have the feeling that I had one really bad blade.

I generally just look which blades have a good reputation and Astra I bought straight away 100 bulk, but Shark I first tried and now I have order a 100 bulk off them to.

Back
Top Bottom