American products "disabled for Europe"

I was having a look at the TVBShaving website, to see what I'd put in my basket, and was interested to see a list of American products that are "disabled" (presumably forbidden and therefore unpurchasable) in Europe.
They seem to be mainly soaps. Is this a result of the EU content testing regulations?

Attachments

• tvb.JPG
    tvb.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 65
I was having a look at the TVBShaving website, to see what I'd put in my basket, and was interested to see a list of American products that are "disabled" (presumably forbidden and therefore unpurchasable) in Europe.
They seem to be mainly soaps. Is this a result of the EU content testing regulations?
100% correct unfortunately

100% correct unfortunately
Serves them right, we have great artisans like Wickham Soap Company who just underwent all official procedures. But these American brand many off them, or perhaps all off them didn't under go these official tests by the goverments. I feel like they should, yeah its great they can make a super cold shaving soap or whatever.

But I doubt they would be allowed on the Europe market, these American artisans think they all that great and all but don't follow official procedures. That's why I rather buy from Europe brands, than I know its has been tested and it should be safe to use.

I know of one American small scale producer who has brought his business to Europe via another route. Rather than import, he's having his gear made under license to his strict specifications by a factory in Slovenia who will then distribute throughout Europe. Keep your eye on Krampert's over the next couple of months ...

Personally, I'm in favour of testing. While there are sharks out there, there are more well meaning folks who are doing what they think is good and right to produce what they think is a high quality product made from the best they can find. Without testing, they simply don't know. Testing keeps them on the right side of acceptable limits.

Rules is rules ...

The idea that American soap is somehow unsafe for our soft European skin is a load of dingos' kidneys. They're being tested in the US just not here, and when the reviews are saying "this is great soap!" and not "OMG it ate my face off!" it's an indication that it's great soap and won't eat your face off. Not that EU certification guarantees that either, there's at least one member on here who has posted that he can't use any TOBs cream because they irritate his skin.

Plus you can still buy the soap from the US, so all banning them from sale here does is cost you more in postage. It's a case of EU bullshit and whining about competition from possibly superior products.

Back
Top Bottom