American products "disabled for Europe"

I never understood the peril when you consider the 150 tons + of jet fuel they are sitting on. One would believe that jets had been falling like flaming meteors from the skies for decades before the ban. :rolleyes:
Exactly and I would happily pay my individual equivalent to whatever Amazon etc pay to have alcohol shipped by air freight so I could get a splash to match a soap. I've looked into it, you can't even get it delivered by boat like most of alcohol based products are shipped worldwide.

The European stuff like Myrsol and Floid being made on the continent I'd imagine ship over land and then sea. However I know some guys in the States who have bought Myrsol from TVB and have had it arrive in about a week so I doubt that's being shipped land and sea. Who knows?

By boat. It's much more economical that way - flying cases of liquid in glass containers is very expensive when you look at the relatively low sales price on splashes.

Why dont US vendors give us that shipping option? I dont mind waiting a bit longer. Theres a lot of AS that i would like to get from the US.

Why dont US vendors give us that shipping option? I dont mind waiting a bit longer. Theres a lot of AS that i would like to get from the US.
I was thinking of bulk shipping - i.e. the maker setting up an arrangement with a European retailer or distributor. I guess the cost of shipping individual items would be nearly as prohibitive as air-freight in terms of all the administration and export documentation involved.

I was thinking of bulk shipping - i.e. the maker setting up an arrangement with a European retailer or distributor. I guess the cost of shipping individual items would be nearly as prohibitive as air-freight in terms of all the administration and export documentation involved.

Yet they sell booze on planes? You could also put AS in your suitcases.

I once tried - and failed - to air freight a box of little CO2 cylinders from UK to someplace else where you can't buy little cylinders of CO2. Not a single airline would accept them - too dangerous. They were the same cylinders that are under every passenger seat on every airplane - for inflating life vests. Guess what I needed my cylinders for?

It arrives in UK in big tanks fitted within a 20TEU container frame and marked 'Dangerous', loaded onto container lorries, moved to bottling plant, onto warehouse, into Waitrose lorries ...

Or it might be loaded into containers already bottled and the container marked 'Dangerous'.

If you want really dangerous - how does petrol get into the station pumps and how does butane get into domestic cylinders? Jolly Jack brings it by sea!

And even more dangerous, the undeclared stuff put into containers - that leaks and gives off fumes and burns the steel of the decks.

Back
Top Bottom