Annual Shaving Room Awards

If asked who to chose as number one between Connought's and the lounge I could not......other good suppliers available ! :)
I see your point, but not wishing to influence voting in any way,....you could split them on the basis of one's free delivery across the board and the live chat to clarify issues before ordering.
Issues like this may make other suppliers to take things like this on board,...they may amend their services to take these into account, and next year it could swing the balance in their favour an get them to the No1 spot.

I see your point, but not wishing to influence voting in any way,....you could split them on the basis of one's free delivery across the board and the live chat to clarify issues before ordering.
Issues like this may make other suppliers to take things like this on board,...they may amend their services to take these into account, and next year it could swing the balance in their favour an get them to the No1 spot.
How about best supplier with free postage and best supplier with best range of goods?

In the last few days I have ordered from both of these suppliers, one was because they had the blades I wanted in bulk at a far better price even including the delivery charge and the other because it was an inexpensive brush I ordered and I had built up points to use and got free delivery.....both very good indeed, if only they could combine the online stores! :)

Last edited:
How about best supplier with free postage and best supplier with best range of goods?
In my opinion, as a customer, I don't really care if a supplier carries shedloads of stuff if I don't need any of it.
My business goes to the cheapest as long as the service is good as well.
Once again, this is a personal opinion and in no way should it influence whether a category should be included,..it's the membership's choice.

In the last few days I have ordered from both of these suppliers, one was because they had the blades I wanted and the other because it was an inexpensive brush I ordered and I had built up points to use and got free delivery.....both very good indeed, if only they could combine the online stores! :)
Oh,...I forgot SL's loyalty points,.....another point for Anthony:)

We could end up with too many categories, and render the kudos attached to winning one meaningless.
Go with which is more important to you. To help point you in the right direction....
I had built up points to use and got free delivery.
;)

We could end up with too many categories, and render the kudos attached to winning one meaningless.
Go with which is more important to you. To help point you in the right direction....

;)
Spot on Borus,....if a supplier with a £50 threshold for free delivery won the award for Best Supplier with Loads of Stock, he may not do anything about it, whereas if he came second to a supplier who offers Free Delivery, it might give him pause for thought.....and us, as customers,..can only benefit.

My thoughts for what their worth :)

I would like to see an annual award/vote, as this would help to promote good shaving i.e. seeing what's out there, as for me there is always something new to learn.

I like the idea of an award/vote to promote/thank/acknowledge innovation and excellent product service - some of the new SE/GEM razors this year have been truly excellent, in terms of design and performance.

It would also be good to celebrate those who take a business risk, in terms of stocking and supplying goods. For me, this year, hats off to Connaught Shaving, for stocking the Supply-SE (v1.0 and 2.0) as these are great razors, I appreciate YMMV, and locally to Iain in the Gentleman's Groom Room, Dundee, not only for his advice and help, but for the excellent range of products that he stocks, notably for managing to get his hands on the Muhle Rocca at the start of the year, along with the Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Citrus Musk Shaving Soap, not least his own range of home grown soaps and his Pre-shave prep +.

In terms of the many excellent posts here, could we have a shave of the day photo of the month vote, or even photograph of the year. The work that must go into the photographs is excellent, as is seeing new things and new combinations.

I also like the idea of metaphor/simile of the year - I nearly pissed my self laughing, when the dolphin smooth banter started, earlier this year.

There is much to celebrate and be thankful for.

All the best.

Chris

My thoughts for what their worth :)

I would like to see an annual award/vote, as this would help to promote good shaving i.e. seeing what's out there, as for me there is always something new to learn.

I like the idea of an award/vote to promote/thank/acknowledge innovation and excellent product service - some of the new SE/GEM razors this year have been truly excellent, in terms of design and performance.

It would also be good to celebrate those who take a business risk, in terms of stocking and supplying goods. For me, this year, hats off to Connaught Shaving, for stocking the Supply-SE (v1.0 and 2.0) as these are great razors, I appreciate YMMV, and locally to Iain in the Gentleman's Groom Room, Dundee, not only for his advice and help, but for the excellent range of products that he stocks, notably for managing to get his hands on the Muhle Rocca at the start of the year, along with the Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Citrus Musk Shaving Soap, not least his own range of home grown soaps and his Pre-shave prep +.

In terms of the many excellent posts here, could we have a shave of the day photo of the month vote, or even photograph of the year. The work that must go into the photographs is excellent, as is seeing new things and new combinations.

I also like the idea of metaphor/simile of the year - I nearly pissed my self laughing, when the dolphin smooth banter started, earlier this year.

There is much to celebrate and be thankful for.

All the best.

Chris

Good shout for SOTD photo of the month,Chris.

Back
Top Bottom