Are your children being finger printed at school??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My longsuffering wife just calls it me getting past it Chris !
Previous line supervisors often termed it "being just plain bloody minded".
But I really like the "cognitive dissonance" term. Knew I could rely on you to make it sound better.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

JohnnyO said:
My longsuffering wife just calls it me getting past it Chris !
Previous line supervisors often termed it "being just plain bloody minded".
But I really like the "cognitive dissonance" term. Knew I could rely on you to make it sound better.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

I only learned it from an edition of QI.:blush: Bloody minded sounds a bit like my dad, actually.

chrisbell said:
joe mcclaine said:
Dada dum, dum, dum.

Another thread bites the dust.

You guys.

:D

Trouble is, I've done it myself. Once my hackles get raised...:blush::angel:

There are far more important things to get wound up about than a few pixels on the internet posted by people you'll never have any real contact with - some of whom are probably sat alone in their underpants in a damp, carpetless flat eating wotsits and talking gibberish to their cat.

Boomshanka.

joe mcclaine said:
And the winner of the 'biggest pile of old pony' award goes to ...

You are a wind up merchant, and I claim my £25 prize.

Gave myself away with "I've been shown my Big Brother file but not permitted to take it home" - knew it as I pressed 'Post Reply'! Should have been "They don't let you take your file home, y'know" - keep it non-specific.

I regard you as a mentor, Vinny, in ways of being a man that sometimes don't come naturally to me. I fear Big Brother has long since arrived. I hate the creeping Nanny State trying to take over my life.

This has been fun!

joe mcclaine said:
..... - some of whom are probably sat alone in their underpants in a damp, carpetless flat eating wotsits and talking gibberish to their cat.

Boomshanka.

Thank goodness he's not fantasising about me - I have two cats!

Re: RE: Are your children being finger printed at school??

joe mcclaine said:
There are far more important things to get wound up about than a few pixels on the internet posted by people you'll never have any real contact with

Now, there is truth, indeed. And it doesn't just apply to the internet. If you get angry in ANY venue that random other people disagree with you, or out-argue you, or for that matter just plain don't listen to you, or call you names when they lose, well, you're doing it wrong.

I didn't expect that the issue (and related ones) would prove quite so contentious. To clarify, I certainly don't think the government is tracking me every second of the day; but I don't choose to help them to do it, should they decide they think they have a reason to. And I will be asking my daughter to contact the school to see if any record of my grandson's finger prints can be destroyed when he finishes at the school in a couple of months.

soapalchemist said:
And I will be asking my daughter to contact the school to see if any record of my grandson's finger prints can be destroyed when he finishes at the school in a couple of months.

And I assume your daughter will give you a withering look appropriate to the fact that as she has a 16 year old son, she's old enough not to need her mummy telling her what to do.

soapalchemist said:
I don't remember saying I would be telling my daughter to do anything.

Well if you were my mother and 'suggested' the same thing you'd get the withering look. Or do you like having your own little nanny state?:icon_razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom