Aristocrat #16 with brassing - to replate or not?

I had a 66 which I believe is the same as ther 16 except the baseplate has a different design. It looked lovely, felt great in the hand, but it made all blades feel a bit draggy. I tried so many with it and never got a satisfactory shave (result ok but experience less than ok). Can't tell you how disappointed I was with it. Kept it for ages and then decided it was little more than a nice ornament so someone else should enjoy it. Still don't understand why it felt like this for me. My rocket HD does, too, but less so and I kept that (although it's out of daily rotation. I may decide to sell it but I had it replated and wouldn't get my money back).

[/quote] I do. Both it and the #21 are very nice shavers. IMHO the Aristocrat Junior beats them both though. [/quote]

But does the Aristo Junior beat the #58?

There always seems to be just one more razor that I need to try. :dodgy:

Tall_Paul said:
dodgy said:
It's one of my favorites in that previous mentioned group, along with the #58 when it comes to the actual shave itself.

Martin

I like the #58 too Martin. So much so that I have a backup one too. :icon_redface:

Ok, I must be missing something here. You have two of the same razor? The exact same one? So you alternate your shaves evenly between em I guess, and of course the shaves would be the same. Is that what you're saying?

Seriously? A 'back up' razor........that's what you call it eh? May I ask if you have other 'back up' types in the arsenal? Maybe even back ups of back ups in some cases.

As you know, I never saw the need of having more than one razor at a time. What's the point of cluttering up the arsenal with a duplicate of a favorite razor. I just don't understand you sometimes.

How was that Paul? Not too dry for some of the other members I hope.

Martin

I think the ideal situation is to have 1 razor, and 1 razor only. Anything else is excessive, and I think it's an argument that holds water and is true. It's one I firmly believe in.

I currently have 4 razors, plus an extra handle. I have 2 brushes, and 4 pots of shaving cream open. 3 aftershave balms, 2 aftershave lotions, several cologne and I'm buying more soon. I have over 100 assorted blades and I've no idea what my best choice would be.

So yeah, my journey towards one of each item starts with trying everything out there. And then I'll cut back. Honest. Meanwhile I've ordered more stuff!

Tall_Paul said:
Let's not mention the 'drawer of Presidents'! ;)

The what? Hmmmm, gimme a minute. Oh sure, you mean the bucket full of 'fishing sinkers'. Yeah, got some Presidents mixed in with the US made gold plated Aristos. The silver ones seem to attract the fish better on overcast days.

They would be considered a 'medium' weight sinker, for conditions without too much current. Yeah, I have lots of those old things. Hmmm, I suppose I could try shaving with one sometime.

Martin

Oh......nice comment about Margaret Thatcher in the other thread.

Jamies said:
I have to agree, the Aristo Jnr is the one to beat them all for me (out of all the Gillette's). Now move to Germany or France and it's a different matter :angel:

Right, that does it, I need to find me an Aristo Junior.

Why settle for one razor when there are so many mornings?

Rocket Man said:
Jamies said:
I have to agree, the Aristo Jnr is the one to beat them all for me (out of all the Gillette's). Now move to Germany or France and it's a different matter :angel:

Why settle for one razor when there are so many mornings?

I might be willing to let one of mine go. :icon_wink:

Rocket Man said:

Why settle for one razor when there are only so many mornings left?

Hi there,

Being an old geezer, I fixed that one line to read as I woulda typed it.....

Back
Top Bottom