Arko Shaving Sticks Bargain Offer Amazon UK

Boots own brand stuff is usually pretty decent quality in my experience.

The Palmolive classic shaving cream can be found lower than £2 as you say and its a really big lathering, cushioning and luxurious cream - feels like it should cost a heck of a lot more and gives a great shaving experience. The cream has a basic, straightforward soap smell - nothing fancy and nothing really noticeable.
yea probably does punch above its weight, tbh in my teens i always used those palmolive shaving sticks the green ones, always really like palmolive products

i actually picked up some palmolive soap the other day from morrisons, saw it for a good price and thought i' give it a go as i havent used any palmolive soap for years

I had an Arko stick once. Tried to blend the scent away with a Palmolive stick.

What a waste of a Palmolive stick!!!
They deserve to be separate. I do like Arko though. I don’t understand the toilet cube connotations, however; I just get a nice neroli scent. Mind you, olfactory sense isn’t necessarily a strong point with me...

They deserve to be separate. I do like Arko though. I don’t understand the toilet cube connotations, however; I just get a nice neroli scent. Mind you, olfactory sense isn’t necessarily a strong point with me...

Arko doesn't smell as wonderful as MWF (Pick No.1 for scent to my nose), but the scent is not even close to be the worst smelling shaving soap I have used.

Body Shop Maca Root is my worst smelling shaving soap, which to my nose smells like decaying vegetable matter you find at the back of your fridge after going on holiday for a few weeks. You take it out and give it a sniff to try to work out what it once was, but after a quick sniff you are none the wiser.

Maca Root smells like that, but worse and it also made my face burn.

Arko doesn't smell as wonderful as MWF (Pick No.1 for scent to my nose), but the scent is not even close to be the worst smelling shaving soap I have used.

Body Shop Maca Root is my worst smelling shaving soap, which to my nose smells like decaying vegetable matter you find at the back of your fridge after going on holiday for a few weeks. You take it out and give it a sniff to try to work out what it once was, but after a quick sniff you are none the wiser.

I found that too...

Yea, you've really sold it to me! :)
I think I will give the Body Shop s miss!
Paul.

Last edited:

Totally agree, filth that stuff!

Did you know Body Shop are now owned by Avon? My old dear always used to shop there but now says the quality is nothing like it once was.

Yea, you've really sold it to me! :)
I think I will give the Body Shop s miss!
Paul.
I'm looking to be one of the Emporium's copywriter.

Hopefully my Maca Root description will be seen soon in BST.
Totally agree, filth that stuff!

Did you know Body Shop are now owned by Avon? My old dear always used to shop there but now says the quality is nothing like it once was.
Interesting.

Maca Root I think is made by Creighton's or the base is anyway.

Last edited:
Arko is my go to soap; cheese grated into a bowl. Good thing I like it. I ordered 12 sticks from Turkey. Order didn't show up. Got a refund. Ordered another dozen from Amazon Canada (currently $13.50 CAD /£7.89 delivered.) 3 mos later the first order showed up. I wonder how long 24 sticks will last?
BTW I scoured a bunch of public washrooms looking for the same smell as Arko. Gas stations, shopping malls, Tim Horton's Coffee shops; no luck. None of them smelled as good as Arko. Those urinal pucks don't lather worth beans, anyway.

Given I've never actually tried Arko and I'm a Prime subscriber I couldn't resist getting 3 sticks, £2.50 seems a ridiculous price.

Going to give it a try tonight but first impression on the scent is better than expected given how much some people seem to hate it! I just find it has a pretty generic lemon/citrus scent, certainly nothing too offensive.

Given I've never actually tried Arko and I'm a Prime subscriber I couldn't resist getting 3 sticks, £2.50 seems a ridiculous price.

Going to give it a try tonight but first impression on the scent is better than expected given how much some people seem to hate it! I just find it has a pretty generic lemon/citrus scent, certainly nothing too offensive.
yea i know right, i reckon people exaggerate about it smelling bad lol

yea let us know how it goes...

Back
Top Bottom