Arko vs the rest

Good evening gentlemen,
I have been wet shaving for 4 years, and have found my bits.
Of all the diverse bits of kit there is one which leaves me wondering....
My core kit is a as-d2.
I generally find cheap a/s and brushes best, in particular hjm v2.
But......
I have bought and used every cream/soap within my financial boundaries, but ARKO is simply the best.
I don't want this to be another ARKO fanBee thread, but I would be very interested if any longer term user thinks otherwise????
P.S. Rowlers.......goddamm I respect you stamina :)

Arrrgghhhg,
You're right fozz.
I suppose I better crawl back in my hole.
MDC I have but ARKO is king.
I just wanted newbies to know the truth.
ARKO.

It's a very water hungry soap newbies, feed it and it will reward.
Best regards gents :)

Gallimore said:
Good evening gentlemen,

I have bought and used every cream/soap within my financial boundaries, but ARKO is simply the best.
I would be very interested if any longer term user thinks otherwise????

Hi there,

I've been using a DE for a while longer than you and my advice is to keep looking......heh. Yeah, if you ended up on Arko as tops.......it's unimaginable. No offense meant of course, but it's not especially wonderful.

It helps to like that strong cleaning product sorta smell.....either you do or you don't.

Performance was just ok for me. Been a while, but I remember the slip was nothing special as was the post shave thing. Lathered up fine but can't remember the looks or texture.

There's much better soaps and even creams to be had,

Martin

Agree with you Martin to an extent.
Yes better soaps out there but for the price for me it is a great performer.
Yes you either love or hate the smell. Synthetic Lemon. I'm in the love camp.

Miles853 said:

Well I did like the OP using that matter of fact way of delivery. Stating things about ARKO just as if he was right.

Arko has never given me a bad shave. Infact, it's always given me great shaves, but with SOOOOO much choice out there, I have gone for better scented soaps.

Of course, if you like the scent, then Arko is going to be great for you.

I haven't tried Arko, Palmolive was my go to until someone recommended Proraso, and it's been my go to ever since.
Green Proraso does smell awesome and the shave is smoother than Palmolive.
I will give Arko a go though.

Miles853 said:

+1 on that. Press mine into a small plastic tub.
Still on the lookout for a suitable twist up container.

First of all, let me say the Feather AS-D2 is a fantastic razor - I am a massive fan.

In respect of Arko, it is good, in a no-frills sort of way, and it does exactly what it says on the tin. For similar money, though, I would rate Proraso Green a bit higher.

That said, for some higher financial commitment, there are a number of Artisans who combine exceptional performance with interesting scents - Mickey Lee Soap Works, Cold River Soap works, Soap Commander, Wickhams, Nannys to name but a few. If you haven't already tried these, it is worth getting a sample thereof to test.

Hi Galli :icon_razz:/. First of all, congrats on having found your " bits " , which did give me cause for concern when I first read it. Then I read on and all became clear.

Arko, well, yes, there's a thing. I'd agreee that it lathers so easily and profusely in any type of water it should come with a warning not to put it on a shelf within 3 feet of a wet shaving brush. ( Or 30 feet of the nose of anyone with a sense of smell ). However for some readon when I've used it I just never get the closest of shaves. Great buffering, good slip, but always a trace of stubble left here and there. So, I remain happily with my Prof Blighty glycerine and if I'm away from home it's my trusty LEA new formula stick.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

op is right - arko shouldn't be overlooked because it's not as glamourous as the new fangled american imports or as expensive as Mdc. Great all round soap. would i use it exclusively? not while wickhams/cella is on the market!

dodgy said:
[quote uid=6271 name="Gallimore" post=438138 timestamp=1427066390]Good evening gentlemen,

I would be very interested if any longer term user thinks otherwise????

Hi there,

I've been using a DE for a while longer than you and my advice is to keep looking......heh. Yeah, if you ended up on Arko as tops.......it's unimaginable. No offense meant of course, but it's not especially wonderful.

It helps to like that strong cleaning product sorta smell.....either y
There's much better soaps and even creams to be had,

Martin[/quote]

Dodgy, what soap would you be saying was better than Arko in terms of scent?

Gotta be Tabac for sure. I can recall a lot of posts where you praise the smell of that stuff.
Everyone got their druthers but can't say I'm a fan.

Sheesh.

/sarcasm off

Back
Top Bottom